We are looking for an experienced Partner Development Manager to join the team. He/She will be responsible to drive incremental revenue for transformational products by recruiting, developing practices, and activating new transacting channel partners. Overall partner business management, including planning and meeting the quarterly and yearly booking target, driving joint business plan with partner executive, execute the agreed business plans with all levels within partner organizations; using VMware's enable, engage and excite framework;
Responsible for the senior executive coverage at key VMware partners to drive VMware wallet share with the C-Levels;
Help the partner to achieve its quarterly and yearly target by driving demand generation activities, joint account planning and customer visits, and enablement training.
• Develop, manage and measure Partners’ performance through detailed business planning and regular reviews against the plan
• Amplify VMware’s value propositions to the market through partner activity and behavior
• Develop and customize tactical sales programs and promotions leveraging partners unique value propositions
• Ensure that all partners are kept fully informed on all relevant VMware initiatives, activities and product and solution developments through regular updates
• Provide Partner sales and channels team with 'How to Sell' training on VMware products and services on a regular basis
• Work with VMware partner SE to provide partner SE’s with 'Features/Benefits' training on VMware products and services and ensure each Managed Partner complies with VMware's certification requirements
• Manage channel conflict in the most efficient and effective manner
• Act as primary contact between VMware and Partners on all day to day activities
• Meet assigned financial targets
• Provide accurate monthly forecast sales potential between VMware Partners.
• Adhere to all aspects of VMware business policies and procedures
• Be responsible at all levels for overall partner relationships and satisfaction
• Develop local success stories with partners and their successful customer engagements
• Act as partner advocate when communicating within VMware with a view towards developing a partnership approach across all aspects of the business
• Fully understand channel and market drivers to determine program/promotion activity
• Knowledge of VMware product range
• Ability to communicate competitors’ high-level solution architecture approaches during comparative discussions with executives and broad audiences, specifically around partner solutions and GTM scenarios.
• Strong experience in communicating value proposition in terms of partners’ and customers’ business needs. Demonstrated ability to use different methods (interviews, questionnaires, etc.) to uncover partner and customer solution needs. Knowledge of designing end-to-end solutions approaches encompassing products, services, processes, etc. based on customers’ requirements.
• Planning and financial skills including accurately predicting the value and time to realization of future revenues and/or margin streams and developing value propositions that are clear to partners and articulated in partners’ terms. Comprehensive understanding of implications of making multiple decisions simultaneously and holistically rather than making individual decisions tactically. Proven understanding of partners’ ecosystem, business challenges, strategies, and priorities and how VMware solutions help address those needs. Strong experience following established budget planning and financial management procedures to develop, monitor, track, and/or control the financial aspects of an engagement.
Come and work for the global leader in virtualization solutions from the desktop to the data center and make an impact on your career, your team, the company, the industry and the world by fundamentally transforming how people and organizations use laptops, desktops, servers and data centers.