Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Our bodies and environment all depend on water, it is the building block that supports all life. Water issues are becoming increasingly prominent as we struggle with disparity between water availability and demands, water pollution, and competition for limited water resources. At Jacobs, we recognize these challenges and our engineers, scientists, and planners are working together with clients to find the right solutions to their water challenges.
Our Water team would like to welcome a Quantity Surveyor (QS) to join the project team delivering the Water Treatment Plant Project project (TWPR) in Tuas, Singapore.
The QS will be part of the Quantity Surveyor team with an indirect reporting line to the Contracts Manager for the entire project; work across all TWRP contracts assigned to the facility, to administer the contract.
- Work closely with the Construction Manager and Contracts Manager in Jacobs, the Client PUB, and with 3rd Parties
- Work closely with all other resident site staff on the construction team in ensuring timely issues and accuracy of progress payments.
- Evaluates select and apply standard contract administration and measurement techniques to the administration and assessment of progress claims.
- Performs routine aspects of quantity surveying, assessment, processing and certification of progress claims, and general administration of contracts.
- May assist in preparing cash flows, contingency analysis, and assessment of variation claims.
- Checking progress claims and invoices.
- Certifying work done by Contractors.
- Review and evaluate extra payment and /or extension of time claims by the Contractors and make recommendations to the Board.
- Preparing cost estimates for variation claims, obtaining and assessment of quotations, preparation of change notices, and SO Instructions.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
To be a successful candidate you shall possess:
- Minimum Polytechnic Diploma in Quantity Surveying with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Ability to effectively communicate and coordinate with all the parties
- MS office skills and knowledge in BIM will be an added advantage
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally – and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs. Jacobs complies with the Tripartite Guidelines on Fair Employment Practices (TGFEP), including the prevailing guidelines on recruitment. All qualified applicants will be considered for the position regardless of age, race, religion, language, nationality, marital status, or family responsibilities.