Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
A Proposal Coordinator in our world, takes ownership of the end to end bid process to help position Jacobs to win these world defining projects. The best approach and style of our submissions work will form a key part of this role, with a strong emphasis on the quality and presentation of each submission. Autonomy is a given, but the ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines is important to being successful in this environment.
You have a successful track record in completing bids in engineering, professional services or a business to business environment. Your skills include developing account plans, pursuit plans, bid strategy and structure, as well as message creation and presentation development. Relationship building and strong communication is critical for this role – working closely
As a Proposal Coordinator, you’ll be an integral part of Jacobs’ sales organization to plan, lead, and support a variety of assignments on strategic pursuits, and to position Jacobs for success. Working with other members of the team, you’ll work on a variety of proposal activities, ranging from U.S. government SF 330s and qualification statements to strategic, complex proposals and presentations.
During your time with Jacobs, you will engage with pursuit teams on sales process discipline, win strategy and proposal development, interviews, and presentations; as well as independently lead the coordination, writing, and preparation of proposals of varying sizes for various clients in conjunction with more experienced sales staff.
As a Proposal Coordinator you will:
- Ensure client satisfaction within business unit and client groups. With little or no supervision, independently perform research, writing, editing, and proposal production and coordination for a variety of sales/business development efforts. Support various proposal efforts; edit, write, coordinate, and ensure compliance; oversee preparation/writing of proposal sections. Work both collaboratively and independently, as appropriate
- Exercise sound judgment to support timely decisions with the team on compliance-related issues and other issues impacting the development, production, and delivery of high-quality proposals. Understand and apply Jacobs’ best practices and processes for proposal development. Coordinate geographically dispersed proposal teams and be able to do this remotely. Follow best practices for document management, organization, and version control on proposal SharePoint sites, and apply file-sharing processes on proposals you support. Support communications and content collection with teaming partners and subcontractors.
- Proactively communicate issues/variances, resource needs, or other issues, seek input and support, and help develop solutions in a timely manner. Write or edit content for non-technical sections, including interviewing subject matter experts and tailoring resume and project descriptions. Direct and integrate graphic design, editing, document publishing, and reproduction staff. Prioritize own and others’ work to meet proposal/team deliverables. Follow enterprise health and safety policies and procedures and escalates issues. Maintain robust internal client network within the business unit and/or client account teams.
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills. Possess effective active listening skills. Lead communications with graphic design, document publishing, production staff, technical writer/editors, and other proposal staff. Solve issues independently, when required. Implement company image/brand guidelines on assigned projects.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in management, journalism, English, or technical discipline OR relevant proposal coordination experience in lieu of degree.
- Experience coordinating proposals, presentations, and related sales or business development deliverables. Strong English speaking, writing, editing and proofreading skills, with an eye towards sales messaging, themes, proposal aesthetics, quality, and content
- Strong organizational skills and successfully coordinate with teams both in person and remotely. Manage multiple tasks concurrently and engage with various stakeholders/reviewers. Work with diverse teams, from junior Inside Sales staff to senior company leaders. Organize, direct, and guide support team (document processors, creative services, reproduction, etc.) to achieve successful, timely outcomes. Attention to detail and quality and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ideal candidate will possess and demonstrate the following skills and knowledge:
- Experience with U.S. federal or other government clients for A-E services, environmental, and/or facilities and infrastructure related SF330s and proposals (preferred). Proposal experience in the engineering, architecture, and/or construction industries (preferred)
- Self-starter; able to work independently. Collaborative team player and establish rapport with others. Work well under deadlines and willing to travel as needed to support pursuits
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (mandatory) and Adobe creative suite including In-Design (preferred).
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally – and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximize your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.