Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 200+ data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
We are a fast-growing global company with 70+ consecutive quarters of growth. Through our innovative portfolio of high-performance products and services, we have built the largest, most active global ecosystem of nearly 10,000 companies, including 1,800+ networks and 2,900+ cloud and IT service providers in over 26 countries spanning five continents.
A career at Equinix means you will collaborate on work that impacts the world and be surrounded by opportunities to learn skills and grow in varied directions. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment.
The Director, Project and Program is responsible for multiple resources to deliver large scale global cross functional business transformation programs. Builds strategic relationships with stakeholders and government and governance authorities. Owning the delivery of transformational programs and portfolios working with the President Office.
The candidate will deliver on the Magic of Equinix; cultural values to employees and continue to attract top talent to our growing operations in the region.
- Develops strategic business cases, plans large scale/complex global cross functional business transformation programs that contain multiple high profile/business critical dependencies and risks
- Works with internal and external partners, including executives and external bodies/government and governance authorities. Leading stakeholder expectations and building strategic relationships
- Provide strategic advice to management, project team and partners on delivering program effectively and efficiently.
- Nurture relationships within a matrix organization while collaborating with cross-functional team members to drive the execution of program tasks and results. This is including, but not limited to, collaborating with partners on program requirements, actively seeking feedback to improve program schedules, delivery and quality
- Consults and gives advice on risk management principles and practice on sophisticated risk and issues impacting business strategy, reputation and legal aspects
- Takes council from senior leaders within and beyond Equinix to analyze complex problems and recommend action
- Advance critical issues and provide suggested solutions to the President Office and program stakeholders.
Project and Program Delivery
- Responsible for the delivery of large scale/complex global cross functional business transformation programs that contain multiple high profile/business critical dependencies and risks
- Build, maintain and report high-level program/project dashboards and metrics
- Is responsible for leading large company wide teams of Program Managers and multiple resources (i.e. SME's) to deliver large scale global cross functional business transformation programs, alignments and budget control
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- Qualifications in Project Management with at least 7+ years of program management experience
- A range of experience in M&A and integration program management
- Solid understanding of crucial tools, techniques and methods to finish assigned tasks
- Proactive approach, can adapt easily to a changing environment, and has excellent time management skills
Relationships and Influence:
- Highly developed collaborative and partnering approach to stakeholder management.
- Ability to lead, empower and support the team to achieve targets
- Consistent track record communicating expertly and optimally across the organisation
- Ability to acquire and communicate a broader picture but also get hands-on when needed
- Thrive in a matrix/virtual community that is fast paced
Can do demeanor, standout colleague, upbeat and fun while at the same time being professional