Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Our bodies and environment all depend on water, it is the building block that supports all life. Water issues are becoming increasingly prominent as we struggle with disparity between water availability and demands, water pollution, and competition for limited water resources. At Jacobs, we recognize these challenges and our engineers, scientists, and planners are working together with clients to find the right solutions to their water challenges.
Our Water Resources team in Singapore is currently looking to hire a Project Manager. The key responsibility in this role is to successfully deliver a range of large-scale Water, Wastewater and Water Resources projects within Singapore and across East Asia.
The role would have overall responsibility in the delivery of the project in all aspects, including the overall quality, schedule, cost, HSE and human relations amongst the team members. The Project Manager is the chief representative of Jacobs to the Client for information or decision relative to the assigned project. The Project Manager will be a "hands on" manager in a complex network of interrelated activities necessary to move technical and engineering information forward to complete the design, construction and initial operation of the required facilities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures overall planning, organization, direction, coordination and control of all operations to meet the project objectives
- Enforces the solution of problems in the following phases of a project: project development/ process design/detailed design/engineering design/drafting/procurement/construction/start-up
- Ensures project execution within the HSE, cost, time, quality and technical objectives to which Jacobs is committed
- Issues HSE instructions to employees, working on a construction site under management of Jacobs. He checks the adherence to HSE regulations and instructions, and he ensures training of personnel in HSE aspects of their respective duties
- Represents Jacobs towards the Client
Here’s What You’ll Need:
To be a successful candidate, you shall possess:
- Bachelor/ Master’s Degree in Engineering (preferably Civil or Water Resources Engineering), Science or equivalent, recognized by PEB Singapore
- Minimum 15 years of professional experience in the study, design and construction of multi-discipline infrastructure projects, preferably in coastal civil engineering or infrastructure projects; includes minimum of 8 years of Singapore local experience
- Preferably be a Professional Engineer (PE) registered with a reputable Professional Engineers Board
- Additional project management qualifications, such as PMI Project Management Professional or Prince2 Certified, would be preferred
- Experience with Public Utilities Board (PUB) projects preferred due to the nature of project and role
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability of interacting and building rapport with Clients and Contractors
- Proven experience in project management and committed towards project deliverables within timeline and budget working in multi–disciplinary / multi–geographical office execution environment
- An in-depth understanding of water resources master planning, technologies, products and processes in the sanitation, water or wastewater sector
- A knowledge of water modelling tools would be an added advantage
- Team player with intercultural sensitivity who can work independently with a good sense responsibility, work ownership and accountability
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally – and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.