At Jacobs, we push the limits of what’s possible to make the world smarter, more connected and more sustainable. In our built environment work, that means designing spaces that foster innovation, cultivate collaboration and drive the next great discovery for humanity.
Bring your creativity, collaborative spirit and extreme attention to detail, and we’ll help you grow, pursue and fulfill what drives you – so we can deliver extraordinary solutions for a better tomorrow, together.
Our Transportation Business in Singapore is currently hiring a Lead Civil (Project Manager) with the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for effective and efficient project management of major infrastructure project works, including overall project planning and monitoring of statutory, safety, quality, construction as well as financial aspects of the relevant works.
- Work closely with the Project Director/ Transportation Lead to implement the transportation team’s strategies.
- Report and update Project Director/ Transportation Lead on projects’ progress on a regular basis.
- Manage and lead multi-disciplinary engineering teams for the delivery of design and construction-related projects to cost, time and quality.
- Lead problem-solving sessions at all stages of the project.
- Review and approve detailed design reports, calculations, drawings and construction sequence..etc.
- Review and approve submissions to statutory agencies/ local authorities.
- Ensure each disciplinary lead to obtain the appropriate design approaches/directions & guidance from relevant QPs and their endorsements on the deliverables.
- Participate in meetings & visit project sites to understand project challenges and constraints.
- Participate in the tendering of projects and provide support to Sales opportunities as required.
- Work with fellow consultants and external parties to facilitate the smooth progress of projects.
- Work effectively and cooperatively with others, establish and maintain good working relationships.
- Assume responsibilities and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks.
- Effectively manage time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Being proactive and taking prompt action to accomplish objectives and achieve goals beyond what is required.
- Undertakes continuous learning and improvement, apply new skills, techniques, and methodologies.
- Learn to be knowledgeable with company’s functions, systems, processes and solutions.
- Assisting the design and documentation delivery processes of the business in Singapore and throughout the Asian Region.
- Providing guidance and mentorship to sub-ordinate engineers.
- Professional representation of the company during the course of business.
- Follow the policies and procedures of the company’s documented Quality System.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
To be a successful candidate, you shall possess:
- A minimum Degree in Civil Engineering, recognized by the Professional Engineers Board.
- Relevant Engineering qualifications and professional accreditations would be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience on Design and Build projects in Singapore
- Experience in leading multi-disciplinary teams to deliver projects on time, quality, and within budgets.
- Good understanding of project planning, execution, and management.
- Good experience in working on Design & Build projects.
- Prior working experience on the LTA projects will be an added advantage.
- Ability to identify potential risks and issues that will delay construction and provide recommendations and mitigation solutions.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplined teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to present technical information, both written and verbally, in a concise and professional manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively, excellent verbal and written communication skills in English with excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Familiar with authorities’ submission requirements for civil/infrastructure engineering projects.
- Self-motivated, self-reliant, energetic, taking proactive measures.
- Conversant with Local and International Design Codes and Standards such as Euro Codes, British and American Codes for Civil Structural design.
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally – and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.