* Candidates are required to have Government G50 Security clearance *
What You‘ll Do
- Alignment to PMO project management methodology and all other internal methodologies
- Support for continuous improvement of all processes, methodologies and services
- Project leadership, ensuring appropriate project planning and that all projects are delivered on time, in budget, and with high levels of quality
- Ensures accurate Scope and Change Management processes are adhered to, manages change management handling between customer, partner & account teams
- Ensures accurate project financials management must understand project financial reports prepared by the project specialist, comment on and provide options for irregularities and ensures a realistic forecast is made.
- Defines Success Metrics: Identifies and socializes project success metrics to the internal team and to external partners. Evaluates project progress and results against success metrics.
- Escalation of any project or client issues in a timely manner
- Assist with engagement scoping and cost modeling
- Managing consultants during delivery of services
- Baseline Management – Schedule, Cost and quality.
- Assesses Risks: Proactively identifies risks, communicates risks to appropriate partners and develops a risk mitigation strategy and a contingency plan.
- Creation of project plans and oversight of plan timelines
- Oversight of engagement deliverable creation
- Directs and coordinate project staff including project engineers, vendors, partners or subcontractors.
- Review work prepared by team before providing to the customer
- Prepare for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures
- Optimize and coordinates interaction between internal, partner and customer resources toward the completion of key services projects and programs
- Business development and management for new customers/markets/services business management role in a large or strategic account or group customer
- Help cross-train other employees where appropriate
- Complete time and expense reporting in a timely and accurate manner
- Develop technical & business knowledge as necessary to meet evolving business requirements
- Proactively connect with finance team and business leaders in regards to project health and profitability
- Provide support for other PMO duties as assigned
Who You'll Work With
Collaboration among cross-functional teams, customers and partners
Who You Are
A successful candidate has the capabilities to handle contending demands from internal and external partners while still able to deliver successful projects in-scope and within budget. The candidate has the ability to drive focus on the tactical activities but can also see the overall strategic objectives of the customer and how it fits into the larger business picture. The candidate has outstanding communications skills with strong capabilities in project management to drive team members to success. A driving personality with a proficiency to adapt to different customer dynamics (i.e. personalities, priorities, working environments, etc.) is a must. Additionally, the position will require a resource that is capable of grasping Cisco technologies and solutions, as well as an ability to effectively lead projects, timelines, budgets and resources to support those Cisco technologies and solutions. The candidate has vast experience in presenting to key partners, understanding business challenges and developing solutions and leading successful delivery teams to achieve business objectives. Consulting experience and capabilities are highly sought after. Capabilities include:
- PMP certification or equivalent in addition to consistent track record as project manager
- Solid project management skills including scheduling, financial reporting, performance reporting, communications, issues/risks/actions management, procurement management and other key PM skillsets
- Strong dedication to quality and customer satisfaction
- Strong leadership skills
- Demonstrable ability to self-manage
- Outstanding command of the English and local language, both oral and written.
- Experience with navigating various environments where culture and structure varies within the organization with political navigation skills
- Bachelors Degree in Business or a related field, MBA or Masters degree preferred
- Very proficient in the following software tools: Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- PMO governance development, oversight and ownership
- Facilitator, leader and motivator
- Assessment and analytical skills
- Extensive Program/Project Industry knowledge
- Executive client facing experience
- Demonstrated ability in basic legal contract issues
- Expertise leading large scale multi-technology engagements in a highly complex environment
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.