Information and Data are some of the most important organizational assets in today’s businesses. As a Security Consultant, you will be a key advisor for IBM’s clients, analyzing business requirements to design and implement the best security solutions for their needs. You will apply your technical skills to find the balance between enabling and securing the client’s organization with the cognitive solutions that are making IBM the fastest growing enterprise security business in the world.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The IBM Security X-Force Incident Response team (XFIR) help IBM customers globally with their Digital Forensics and Incident Response needs, whether that’s before, during, or after an incident. Proactive projects include running tabletop exercises or helping to improve IR documentation, whereas reactive engagements might involve expert level forensic analysis to quantify Intellectual Property theft, or leading IR activities on one of the biggest data breaches in the world.
About Your Role
In this role you’ll partner with the IR consultants to project manage IR engagements and proactive services delivered to address clients’ security needs. Secondary duties will include building out the Project Management capabilities for XFIR and managing client engagement needs. It is critical that the Project Manager be able to rapidly interact to on-demand requests with minimal assistance.
As part of the IR team, you’ll understand that the nature of the work sometimes involves late nights, early starts, weekends, or travel at short notice. In return, XFIR provides time off in lieu, weekend on call allowance and the ability to manage your own time wherever possible. We don’t offer opaque bonus schemes or Restricted Stock Units, but can offer a base salary designed attract the best people for the job.
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- The ability to lead large groups and be a primary facilitator
- Demonstrated written skills
- Comfortable working in a project based / client serving model
- Ability to lead and shape client expectations
- Help drive all client engagement actions, matching outcomes to expectations
- Ability to work easily with diverse and dynamic teams around the world
- Ability to work in a matrix management model
- Attention to detail, proactive self-starter
- Excellent written and spoken English
What you need
- Information security program management, with applied knowledge of digital forensics and incident response preferred
- Ability to manage complex security projects with various stakeholders and resources to achieve aggressive business objectives
- Ability to produce executive level deliverables demonstrating engagement ownership and meeting client needs
- Proven ability to distil complex issues and opinions into project orientated tasks and deliverables
- Ability to deliver initiatives from conception through completion in an iterative way
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritise workloads
- Ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions
- Ability to coach team members and guide them to deliver on business commitments
- History of presenting to executives
- Experience editing documents for grammar, clarity, and technical accuracy
Nice but not essential
- CISSP, OSCP, or other technical certifications
- Hands-on experience in security aspects of compliance standards (ISO 27001, SSAE 16, COBIT, PCI, SOX, HIPAA, GLBA, etc.)
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.