Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we push the limits of what’s possible to make the world smarter, more connected, and more sustainable. In our built environment work, that means designing spaces that foster innovation, cultivate collaboration and drive the next great discovery for humanity. Bring your creativity, collaborative spirit, and extreme attention to detail, and we’ll help you grow, pursue and fulfill what drives you – so we can deliver extraordinary solutions for a better tomorrow, together.
We would like to welcome a Project Manager, Data Center to join our stable and growing business.
Specific duties include:
- Lead, supervise and manage a team to prepare Data Centre designs from project brief through to tender stage. Prepare technical reports, specifications and analyze technical investigation studies (i.e. site selection and due diligence, design peer reviews, etc.).
- Work closely with all engineering disciplines to develop coordinated, cost effective and well planned infrastructure.
- Manage and control technical, financial, and client/external stakeholder relations on complex projects.
- Provide technical guidance and direction to the project teams, typically through multiple project, task, and/or functional managers. Experience of working with remote resource teams would be an advantage.
- Key focus areas of technical oversight include resource requirements, scope/schedule/sequence of project activities, client and/or team satisfaction, risk profile, ethics, quality, health/safety/environment, and financial performance of one or more projects.
- Participate in the QA/QC process in checking mechanical or electrical design work and inter-discipline co-ordination.
- Represent the Company at technical meetings and lead discussions on Data Centre projects with Clients, Consultants and Contractors.
- Work in a team environment to deliver Jacobs’ regional Data Center strategy.
Here's What You'll Need:
- This position is focused on the growth of Jacobs’ market share in the global Data Center / Advanced Facilities markets and the capture and execution of specific Data Center projects.
- Has demonstrated the capability to manage a large Data Center project of high complexity.
- Has experience in the delivery of projects from inception through construction and commissioning in the capacity of project manager and/or electrical or mechanical services design lead.
- Acts as one of the company’s prime contacts with the client and is responsible for overall work progress and technical performance on the project.
- Can support the development of less experienced project managers and engineers through active coaching and mentoring.
- Completes the scope of work to the satisfaction of the client, while simultaneously ensuring that Jacobs’ HS&E, quality, financial, risk management; business and policy expectations are met. Recognize cultural sensitivities with clients from other parts of the world.
- Supports business development activities leading to the award of the contract. This typically includes client relationship development, project-specific positioning activities, proposal preparation, presentation, and contract negotiation consistent with established business development processes.
- 8 years of experience working in a design consultancy environmental.
- Minimum of 3 years of Data Center project experience.
- Knowledge of calculation software packages.
- Directing Engineers and sub-consultants to work on time to budget at the required quality.
- BEng or BSc in Electrical Engineering
- Chartered Engineer / Professional Engineer
- Membership in a Professional body
- Project Management Professional PMP would be an added advantage
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally – and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.