At IBM, our Project Managers excel by leading and coordinating a project team’s overall performance, scope, cost, and deliverables. Our clients rely on timely and efficient status reports, and as Project Manager, you will drive the charge with project direction, metric definition, and performance management. If you are ready to help our clients and project teams succeed, we would love to meet you!
Your Role and Responsibilities:
As part of our Client Innovation Centre in Ballarat* our Project Managers are assigned to client projects across all verticals, delivering projects varying in size/budget and complexity.
The Project Manager is responsible for leading one or more project teams delivering a solution to the customer using the appropriate business measurements and terms and conditions for the project according to the project charter, project agreement or contract.
Required Professional and Technical Experience:
- Minimum 6 years’ experience as a Project Management Professional, experienced in executing large scale IT projects
- At least 4 years’ experience in managing custom application development projects
- At least 4 years’ experience in managing systems integration projects, working in a distributed team environment, managing remote teams in offshore or regional centres
- Prior experience in Agile and Waterfall Methods
- Ability to build strong, enduring client relationships built on trust and confidence
- Coordinate and work closely with other cross-functional team members both on/offshore
- Strong IT skills
- Excellent Communication skills
- Manage the scope, cost, schedule, scope, and contractual performance deliverables
- Apply techniques for planning, tracking, change control, and risk management
- Manage all project resources, including IBM, customer, and subcontractors
- Establish an effective communication plan with the project team and the customer
- Provide day-to-day direction to the project teams
- Provide regular project status updates to the customer
- Provide regular project status updates to IBM management
- Develop and maintain the project plan
- Timely and accurate project(s) progress & issues
- Provide guidance on strategies, requirements specifications, and functional specifications, which meet customer requirements and project standards
- Facilitate development of the application architecture, technology selection and detail application specifications
- Manage and maintain development of the project plan
- Closely work with other project and client teams to ensure tight alignment of objectives and expectations.
- Manage software vendor and IBM teams to ensure that the developed solution matches the required solution
- Define and monitor issues, dependencies, risks and risk mitigation strategies
- Monitor and assesses the quality of the deliverables
- Facilitate development of reuse opportunities
- Provide feedback on methodology improvement/customization and share new tools to enhance processes
- Facilitate sharing best practices, with documentation of best practices and lessons learned
- Provide overall guidance to teams under direction.
- Be an Australian citizen
- Been resident in Australia for the past 5 years (i.e., can’t have moved to Australia only 4 or 4.5 years ago)
*work may able to be performed remotely from within Regional Victoria however you may be required to attend the IBM Ballarat office from time to time as required by the business
IBM welcomes, includes, values and respects everyone. We celebrate diversity in all forms. Our culture is rich and intentionally inclusive. IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.