At IBM, our Project Managers excel by leading and coordinating a project team’s overall performance, scope, cost, and deliverables. Our clients rely on timely and efficient status reports, and as Project Manager, you will drive the charge with project direction, metric definition, and performance management. If you are ready to help our clients and project teams succeed, we would love to meet you!
About Business Unit
IBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Project Manager you will work with teams to plan, manage, and deliver innovative business solutions through design, build and test, including systems integration. You will use project management principles to enable our clients to find success in their projects. In return, we will give you access to unique career opportunities, and a vast and diverse network of talented project management professionals
- Overall performance responsibility for managing scope, resourcing, cost, schedule, and contractual deliverables
- Applying techniques for planning, tracking, change control, and risk management
- Work with IBM Team to manage customer project issues quickly and effectively
- Ensure project revenue, cost forecasts and project health are updated in internal systems on a regular basis.
- Collaborate with Practice Manager and senior Project managers to maintain current view in Forecast system including delivery risk on a weekly basis in relation to managed projects
- Identify and actively manage risk in the current forecast
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Previous project management experience
- Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, high-intensity, deadline-oriented working environment
- Ability to work in a seamless team with field sales, technical and operations personnel.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail required ensuring accuracy and effective execution.
- Ability to work independently as a self-starter
- Excellent follow-up skills with great attention to detail
- High energy and positive ‘can-do’ attitude
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Strong problem-solving skills to drive resolution of issues by understanding client needs and presenting options to resolve the problem.
- An ability to identify, develop and implement solutions to gaps to meet the needs of the business
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
- Stakeholder management skills