We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What You'll Do
The Program Manager is responsible for delivering a complex multi-technology, multi-vendor and/or multi-component program with a high business significance and profile. The role will focus on the successful delivery of the program to accomplish stated business outcomes, on-time and profitable, quality delivery of the agreed contractual commitments, while maintaining excellent customer satisfaction.
- Lead and run the end-to-end program encompassing the requirements, plan, design, test, control, integration, build and transition/closure of Large Multi-Vendor, Multi-Technology Solution(s).
- Provide the vision, strategy and business objective alignment and leadership while leading by example.
- Ensure the various projects and/or work-streams in their program are aligned and integrated & ensure that any essential changes to the individual components are agreed and communicated to the various partners.
- Dig into the details as necessary to ensure that the various workstreams are progressing, be able to uncover any deficiencies or perception gaps and direct stream leads to resolve accordingly.
- Perform overall program-level planning, handle budgets, define project/program and PMO structure, develop an overarching roadmap, associated integrated schedule, define partners along with Governance, a communications plan, meetings and reporting cadence; handle dependencies, issues, risks and changes in a systematic way and drive critical issues to closure
- Establish consistent globally aligned standards, ensure compliance; support adherence to Cisco delivery framework, standards and methodologies, and provide feedback to drive continuous process improvement to the program and the organization as appropriate
- Identify staffing requirements and work with Program and Project Managers; manage vendors and/or procurement to achieve Cost, Schedule, Quality goals
- Accurately forecast, track, and report on overall program costs, revenue, and profitability, as well as being ab le to identify which areas of the program can be accelerated to drive quicker revenue and bookings.
- Drives the Program to meet or exceed defined performance metrics; oversee projects and project managers; mentor and develop team members; proactively lead efforts to achieve successful outcomes
- Ensures proper Scope and Change Management processes are adhered to, handle change management handling between customer, partner & account teams
- Contribute to both customer and Cisco
- Lead and support organizational changes and improvements
- Establish and maintain relationships with partners (Customer, Sales, Services, Business Units, Executives, etc.)
- Ensure the assimilation of lessons learned and standard methodologies to share and use within the PM community
- Communicates effectively with Executives and partners to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions and strategies.
- Present program status to multiple levels of the customer and Cisco organisations, ensuring messaging is appropriate for the audience and delivered with confidence, i.e. CxO level is succinct and to the point, summarizing key risks and impacts to the overall program, financial status and any key progress callouts.
- Identify further growth opportunities within customer environment and engages with sales partners for pursuit; as opportunities warrant, develop and present proposals, support scoping, cost modeling, margin analysis, and negotiation of final agreements; Contributes to the evaluation and redesign of Services Program Offerings
- Elicits partner feedback to appropriately gauge satisfaction and direction
Who You'll Work With
You will be part of a best-in-industry team of Project & Program Managers, consistently delivering impeccable quality in alignment with Cisco and Customer business goals, objectives and priorities.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related field, MBA or Master’s degree preferred, plus 10+ years’ experience managing and leading large turnkey programs.
- Requires a professional PMI certification PMP, PgMP or equivalent, but at minimum should understand formal program management methodology from PMI
- Adaptable and able to function well within a highly dynamic environment, and can bring much needed stability and discipline
- Able to remain calm in challenging sutiations
- Program management leader with vision and veteran with strong command over the PM competencies
- Strong leadership capabilities and able to provide vision and strategic direction to the team
- Highly effective at handling conflict. Is able to address unprofessional behavior swiftly in order to maintain a work environment that is consistent with Cisco values
- Extensive systems integration experience, covering multiple-vendor solutions and 3rd party developments
- Understanding of Software development lifecycle and delivery methodology, including Agile based PM frameworks
- Solid understanding of large deployments across multiple sites, including sequencing, dependencies, and typical issues that are seen
- Well versed in core PMI competencies including time, cost and scope management, partner, governance and communication management, risk management and quality management
- ITIL or eTOM knowledge (or equivalent) desired
- Experience with navigating various environments where culture and structure varies within the organization with political navigation skills
- Strong Negotiation skills: Reaches mutually satisfactory agreements by focusing on interests rather than positions. Includes active listening, social skills and careful preparation.
- Partner & Vendor Relationships: Obtains and maintains the highest value from vendors and partners; identifies emerging and long-term requirements.
- Very proficient in the following software tools: Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Strong analytical skills, able to quickly understand data at a high level and draw conclusions, ask relevant questions to enhance the presented information and find deficiencies that can be acted upon
- Consulting capabilities and experience is preferred including capabilities to influence, collaborate with CxOs and navigate political landscapes
- Understanding of the unique holistic needs required to execute a collaboration specific program is required (i.e. migration activities, operational readiness, adoption, etc.)
- Willing and able to travel regularly and frequently (as needed) to develop the necessary relationship with the customer and deliver the programs benefits.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.