What you will do
Reporting directly to the APAC Vice President, Project Delivery and Performance Infrastructure, the Program Director- Renewable Energy and Sustainability, will plan, direct, and execute all efforts to achieve long-term growth through renewable energy project development, partnership, alliances and acquisition opportunities.
The Program Director Renewable Energy and Sustainability, will be working across disciplines on large, complex projects in Solar, Energy Storage and potentially other renewable energy projects and technology. The Program Director will evaluate technical and commercial risk by market and for each project and find mitigations to preserve business value. Knowledge of the financial models used to originate and finance these type of projects is essential.
How you will do it
Strategic Planning and Execution:
- Support the Company's renewable energy growth strategy through identification, planning and assessment, and execution of project development pipelines, strategic partnerships, alliances and acquisition opportunities
- Create and cultivate a pipeline of market and country specific greenfield projects
- Participate directly in the origination and development of large scale renewable energy projects
- Structure and negotiate partnerships that provide the opportunity for strategic investment or acquisition in growth
- Maintain a deep knowledge of renewable energy industry intelligence and emerging trends, serving as an advisor to internal Executive Management Team and external stakeholders
Commercial and Management:
- Develop and maintain detailed project, country and consolidated function financial budgets
- Assess various business models and suggest those which best meet Regional and corporate financial goals
- Drive strategy realization and achievement of business growth goals through sustainable execution practices, team building and client focus.
- Provide technical and project development oversight of new alternative energy opportunities including evaluating broad renewable business opportunities, provide direction and goals to the advanced solutions engineering team.
- Experienced in the technical and commercial data aspects of Renewable Energy projects where provided by clients early in the sales process.
Additional tasks include but are not limited to:
- Managing advanced contracts and deal structures, business documents (e.g. NDAs)
- Deal structure analysis and preforms at the project level
- Direct origination of large scale projects
- Coordinating internally with the business development and technical diligence teams
What we look for
- Master of Business Administration (MBA), or Masters in Engineering, Project Management or Energy
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science, or a technical field relevant to renewable energy OR sustainability
- 15 years of experience Project Development, including complex power marketing and origination experience, in the energy field (direct experience with renewable energy at some point in your career is required)
- Experience managing large, diverse and geographically dispersed teams and staff, including demonstration of accomplishment in recruiting, growing and retaining a top tier team and function
- Proven success in large scale and large volume project development covering the entire lifecycle of a project
- Demonstrated excellent quantitative skills, understanding of project finance and its role in successful energy projects in Asia Pacific. Demonstrated success in working with Project and Corporate Finance functions to develop successful projects
- Ability to understand all related commercial and contractual requirements for renewable energy projects, and previous success in partnering internally with the legal and finance functions
- Track record of multiple markets experience and success, managing diversity in teams and geographies