Working in a cross-functional squad, you will be responsible for establishing, evangelizing and then delivering to the product vision, whilst contributing to the execution of our clients’ digital re-invention journey.
On a daily basis, this includes roadmap planning, communicating effectively across the client organization, backlog refinement, product strategy and vision creation, agile and lean frameworks.
Your success will be measured by the value delivered through effective prioritization of ideas, delivering MVPs of design-led customer experiences and gathering of insights to drive incremental releases.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Product Owner/Product Manager
- Work in a role where no two days are the same
- Collaborate with stakeholders of all levels
- Permanent position, based in Sydney or Melbourne
What do enabling robots to understand human emotions; transforming media and retail; changing the game of sports; and creating step-by-step recipes based on your own dietary requirements and favourite ingredients – all have in common?
They are all powered by IBM.
We can also add Doctor Watson to that list – with Watson Health being used to discover new drugs, suggest diagnoses and treatment plans. If that’s not impressive enough, Watson can find you the best holiday destination – by using cognitive technology.
At IBM we are constantly innovating to meet real needs with the latest technology. This is how we are defining the cognitive era.
What will I be doing?
- Working in a cross-functional squad, you will be responsible for establishing, evangelizing and then delivering to the product vision, whilst contributing to the execution of our clients’ digital re-invention journey.
- On a daily basis, this includes roadmap planning, communicating effectively across the client organization, backlog refinement, product strategy and vision creation, agile and lean frameworks.
- Your success will be measured by the value delivered through effective prioritization of ideas, delivering MVPs of design-led customer experiences and gathering of insights to drive incremental releases.
What skills will I need?
- Ability to evangelise product vision
- Data driven decision making
- Analytical, and drive value analysis
- Empower, teach and motivate squad members
- Product & portfolio strategy development
- Techniques to discover, design, develop, evolve business & product strategies
- Applies user centred methods such as Design Thinking, Lean Startup, Design Sprint and Usability Testing to their work.
- Understands exponential technologies and associated practices, technology trends and their impacts to business and users.
- A solid understanding of financial structures and business models
- An understanding of key Agile/Scrum concepts
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal with an ability to articulate and influence key stakeholders / decision makers
What experience do I need?
- Demonstrated experience (> 3 years) as a product manager / product owner with solid understanding of product-based delivery
- At least 3 years working in an agile-enabled delivery environment
- Excellent leadership and people management skills, with the ability to lead, develop, and motivate a team as well as work as part of a team.
- Tracking product performance, understanding of value drivers, and making decisions based on these
- Demonstrated ability to liaise and negotiate with internal and external stakeholders at different levels
- Extra dose of awesome
- Deep/cross industry experience in Product Ownership
- Demonstrated track record working in dual track delivery environment
- Worked at a start-up environment and have experience in pitch
What will I be responsible for?
- Understand the client’s business strategy and customer segments
- Understand customer’s needs, journey moments and test assumptions
- Hold the problem space and own the product vision, evolve the product vision and align goals to value
- Work with the team to ensure acceptance criteria is defined and facilitate estimation where needed
- Collaborate with the team to agree on a definition of done and collective ownership
- Understand outcomes and goals of the product / feature / service / experience
- Backlog Prioritisation
- Facilitate team activities from story mapping, prioritisation, estimation, road mapping, product brainstorming and business model canvas
- Develop roadmaps and associated product metrics and use data-driven decision making
- Define MVP aligned to agreed customer / business outcome, adding features incrementally
- Cross business stakeholder management
- Work with the team to surface and address impediments
- Balance trade-offs among product value, design, and technological constraints
- Align the team through vision, value, goals and customer needs - being able to neutralise individual opinions through research findings and performance insights
- Interfacing with enterprise leaders as an advocate of the experience and outcomes
- Participate/Lead squad activities including but not limited to stand ups, playbacks, planning, workshops
- Track and report on value realised and relevant journey/experience metrics