Experian is the world’s leading global information services company. During life’s big moments — from buying a home or a car to sending a child to college to growing a business by connecting with new customers — we empower consumers and our clients to manage their data with confidence. We help individuals to take financial control and access financial services, businesses to make smarter decisions and thrive, lenders to lend more responsibly, and organizations to prevent identity fraud and crime.
We have 17,800 people operating across 44 countries, and every day we’re investing in new technologies, talented people and innovation to help all our clients maximize every opportunity. We are listed on the London Stock Exchange (EXPN) and are a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index.
Experian Data Quality are looking for a Product Designer. As a Product Designer you will be a vital member of the Platform Services Team, responsible for designing websites and web applications. You will work closely with other team members including Product Managers, Developers and UX Content and be mentored by the Lead Designer.
The ideal candidate should have 1 to 3 years’ experience working within a user-focused design practice working on projects that have had aspects of discovery, design, and validation to create intuitive, delightful experiences that give value to the customer and business. Alternatively, we would also consider candidates that come from a UI focused development background with interest and exposure to design.
- Take ownership of a project through all phases of Design to create useful, usable, and delightful experiences across Experian Data Qualities’ central platform services websites as well as other products and websites when required
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Product Marketing, UX Content and other Business stakeholders globally to determine requirements
- Work closely with development teams to turn desired outcome into a reality, including solid design specifications and demonstrating lean / agile ways of working.
- Speak directly with customers to help understand the way they use our products and services
- Create solutions that scale and grow over time, as products mature, and requirements evolve.
- Collaborate and contribute towards Experian’s Design System to promote consistency and enforce standards across all of Experian’s products.
- Conduct usability testing through prototyping and research efforts to ensure that designs meet user requirements and are intuitive.
- Collect and analyze both quantitative and qualitative data and translate them into key findings.
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience in a UI development or design role.
- Experience working within and collaborating with product and development teams.
A portfolio of work telling a story of Design and the different research, interaction design, visual design, and communication aspects that went into each one.
Degree or significant professional qualification in UX / Interaction / Visual Design, or related field.
- Proficiency with design tools such as Figma, Adobe XD, Sketch, or similar tools.
- Experience or understanding of working in Agile product development processes.
- Experience of working with front end developers
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with good attention to detail
- Some experience with customers such as facilitating user interviews, focus groups and usability testing sessions to validate and understand customer requirements.
- Some experience working with multiple internal stakeholders to understand business requirements or to share insights and present design proposals.
- Ability to adapt to change and enthusiastic about learning new tools and processes.
- Familiarity with product management software such as Azure DevOps, Jira, or Aha
- Experience of working with SaaS platform
- Keeping our employees safe during this pandemic has been of utmost importance. As we are recovering from it, most of our employees are moving towards a hybrid model, with some remote working and 1-2 days a week in the office, with some flexibility offered depending on your circumstances.
- Competitive pay and compensation benefits package
- Flexible work schedule and relaxed dress code
Experian doesn't just encourage inclusion -- we celebrate it. It's what we call The Power of YOU. We are building a culture where everyone is comfortable bringing their whole self to work. A place where we not only respect our differences and values, but celebrate them in a positive and supportive environment.