The Process Engineer is responsible to provide technical assistance to the production department in order to assure maximum efficiency of the plant within the quality, safety, and environmental standards. He/She is expected to lead improvement project/s in the plant and provide their process inputs to other parties.
- Proactively identifying, troubleshooting and resolving issues to support and improve efficiency of the manufacturing operation.
- Actively lead and promote Safety, by ensuring safe plant design, safe practices are in place and are followed.
- Daily monitoring of process performance in the facility.
- Design and execution of experiments to improve process performance.
- Working with plant operational ring teams to drive continuous improvement efforts.
- Support for new product and technology introductions to the plant, interfacing with others in the company.
- Execution of detailed projects covering technical aspects of manufacturing.
- Monitoring and reporting on process performance trends, product cost and operational logistics.
- Cost, material and efficiency studies.
- Leadership of project teams, where appropriate.
- Process documentation.
- Design and development of operations protocols, processing equipment installations and plant upgrades.
- Maintains good communications with Global Operations Leadership, Asia Pacific Manufacturing Technology Leadership Network, Other Plants, Global R&D and Supply Chain(s).
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent, preferably in Chemical Engineering.
- 5 years’ experience in plant process engineering field.
- Project management and supervisory experience is desirable
- Self motivated with good leadership qualities and interpersonal skills
- Experience in DCS control system is desirable
- Understands the capital budgeting, project prioritization, Six Sigma, Lean Enterprise concepts, project management and resource planning processes will be an additional advantage.
- Knowledge and experience on Process Safety Management (PSM) Program
- Knowledge and experience on general SHE (Safety, Health & Environment) compliance and requirement in manufacturing industries.
- Knowledge and experience on ISO/HACCP or relevant Food Safety standard practice.