Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
We are looking to hire a passionate and forward thinker with a strong background in Railway Communication Systems with proven track record having worked on large infrastructure projects. As a Principal/Senior Comms Engineer, you will play a pivotal role providing direction and management for Communications Design & Integration Projects within the Rail and Transit Groups in accordance with contractual obligations. You are an exceptional leader and communicator with a knack to build strong, collaborative relationships interfacing with multi-disciplinary Project Teams, Clients and Contractors.
Your will apply innovative and creative analysis techniques to interpreting a wide range of diverse transport data in accordance with Company policies and procedures whilst managing safety in design activities. Importantly, we look for people who have had a broad range of experience throughout their career and can demonstrate how they will be able to add value to the Rail Team. This individual will be reporting to the Technical Director, Rail Systems and will primarily sit in the Malaysian Office.
- Provide day to day support including the provision of technical advice, response to technical queries, and attendance at progress / design / interface meetings
- Monitor progress of supplier design works such that it is coherent, and their interfacing and integration will be timely matched for each interfacing aspect.
- Review and provide comments on submissions, consolidate design related comments from stakeholder parties and provide support to close-out design review comments.
- Make business decisions that are legally responsible, accountable and justifiable in line with Company policies and procedures
Here’s What You’ll Need:
The Principal/Senior Comms Engineer will display effective oral and written communications skills to interface with Client, Contractor and Project Management Team personnel on applicable technical topics, pressing issues and understand needs and constraints.
- With a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications, Computer Science (or equivalent).
- Relevant experience in Railway Communication Systems including high speed fibre optic based networks, Public Address, Passenger Information, Telephone, CCTV, radio, trackside wired and wireless systems.
- Experience in the delivery of railway system projects including review of contractor’s design submissions, interface management of communications to other railway systems.
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally – and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximize your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.