Promontory Financial Group, an IBM Company, is the premier consulting firm for financial services companies worldwide. Promontory Financial Group excels at helping clients resolve critical issues, particularly those with a regulatory dimension. Promontory professionals have unparalleled regulatory experience and insight, and provide our clients with frank, proactive advice informed by best practices and regulatory expectations.
We are looking for a Principal, to join our team and play a lead role in engagements across the breadth of the services we offer. The successful candidate will come from a financial services and/or consulting background, ideally with experience working with a local or overseas Regulator.
As a member of the Promontory Australasia team at IBM you will contribute to the firm's global efforts to provide clients with solutions to challenging strategic, risk management, and regulatory compliance issues.
Our client base in Australia includes Australia’s largest financial institutions and clients drawn from the public sector. Our growing team of specialists offers Regulatory Liaison Advisory, Remediation, Compliance and Risk Management Advisory and Regulatory Framework Advisory services across Prudential, Conduct and AML/CTF/KYC Regulation.
You will work closely with Directors and Managing Directors and, applying your regulatory and industry knowledge and experience, work on projects ensuring project deliverables meet the high standards our clients have grown to expect.
As a Principal you will play an important role in engagements across the breadth of the services we offer. You will be responsible for managing engagements on a day-to-day basis, analysing complex problems, developing recommendations to address client issues and drafting reports and other deliverables.
What are the responsibilities of the role?
- Act as client point of contact on a day-to-day basis.
- Manage projects on a day-to-day basis contributing to engagements being delivered to budget and meeting profit and realisation targets.
- Undertake analysis as directed and take responsibility for the preparation of project deliverables, including reports and presentations.
What skills will be needed?
- The ability to interact comfortably with executive management of and regulatory authorities, generally with a Managing Director present.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong oral skills, with demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, simply and logically.
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to construct well-founded, clear, and concise analyses and recommendations.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Understanding of the regulation which applies to our client base.
- Some understanding of the businesses in which our clients operate.
- Ability to lead and manage day to day aspects of engagement activities and an ability to work with clients.
- Ability to handle complex information, solve problems, and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work closely with and communicate effectively with clients and within all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships and build teams.
- Strong commitment to integrity and ethics.
What professional and technical experience will I need?
- An undergraduate degree in either Accounting, Commerce, Finance, or Law - with postgraduate qualifications highly regarded
- At least 6 experience in financial services, consulting, Regulator, compliance, risk management, governance or legal.
- Demonstrated experience in building and managing project teams to address complex issues in high pressure situations.
- Track record working in a fast-paced and unstructured environment where engagement leaders are expected to identify and develop innovative solutions to client challenge