Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we’re working with our clients, our partner network and our global platform of technologists, specialists, engineers, planners, and urban designers to deliver innovations and a better life for future generations. You’ll join our collaborative team providing our clients with award-winning planning hence we are looking for a passionate Principal Port Planner to be located at the Malaysian Hub who is driven by collaboration, exceeding expectations, and challenging the status quo.
The successful candidate will:
Identify, secure, deliver and follow-up on port planning and engineering services in Asia region, seeking always to exceed agreed targets for client satisfaction, work winning and margin delivery. Grow Jacobs’ share of the ports market and engineering capability in region, particularly focused on LNG and other liquid-bulk marine facilities. Engaging high-level technical oversight and quality assurance from technical directors/leaders in wider Jacobs’ global team.
The key responsibilities in this “seller-doer” role will include:
Understanding Jacobs’ market position and goals in Asia and wider region and developing focus client relationship management through the life cycle of projects; pursuing opportunities from first spark, to award of contract, to successful project completion. This individual will be working with wider regional Sales and Operations teams to help identify market triggers, drivers, and opportunities. In addition, you will be leading detailed discussions to scope out client’s requirements and expectations through effective listening, summarizing and questioning.
- Preparing of compelling proposals and presentations for engineering consultancy services
- Delivering engineering consultancy services as technical lead and/or project manager to achieve high client satisfaction
- Identifying and securing follow on opportunities through the quality and value of our engineering and client services
- Providing technical leadership and review of engineering consultancy services, within own area of competency
- Co-ordinating all the above with regional and country leads across disciplines and business groups.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- With a Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Coastal Engineering or similar associated subject, and towards obtaining Professional Engineer (PE) or Chartered Engineer
- Proven track record planning of LNG and other liquid-bulk marine facilities especially significant In-depth knowledge jetties/terminals both top-side and bottom-side
- High-level management/direction of projects with multi-disciplined design teams in port engineering, including piping, M&E, I&C etc
- Familiarity with all areas of coastal, maritime, and wider civil engineering practice and infrastructure developmen
The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate most of the following skills and knowledge:
- Effective listener
- Team player
- Empathy and reconciliation of client, team and management expectations
- Cross-cultural awareness
- Commitment and motivation
- Personal planning and organization
- Excellent Communication
- Good presentation skills
- High integrity/probity
- Inspiring others through leading by example
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally – and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximize your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits, and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture, and achieve your goals – all at a single global company. Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow, and succeed – today and into tomorrow.