At Jacobs, our Power Solutions team is geared towards providing a more integrated approach offering end-to-end service to support our clients in energy networks, thermal generation, renewable generation and storage solutions space. We are helping our clients meet the challenges faced in countries and cities across the globe, providing innovative solutions from replacing conventional thermal power plants with renewable energy to developing demand side management strategies.
We are looking for a Primary Design Engineer who shall be responsible in delivering Drawings to desired quality standards and according to mutually agreed timelines with the client, has a clear knowledge of work procedures, and ability to work independently, able to communicate in confidence with client or foreign counterpart, work with team to deliver projects on time and attend meetings with technical leads.
Here's What You'll Need:
The Primary Design Engineer should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Mechanical or equivalent from a reputable University
- Experience in primary design (AIS & GIS Substation experience up to 400kV is desirable.)
- Design (Concept, FEED, and detail design) of T & D systems up to 400kV – for Utility companies based on international standards
- Performs Primary Design activities viz. Key SLD’s, AC/DC SLD’s, cable schedules, interconnections schedules, Specifications, Bulk MTO etc.
- Applies broad practical knowledge to design layouts & produces – Equipment layouts for outdoor switchyard, indoor substation, trench/tray layouts, lighting, earthing & lightning protection layouts (Should be able to give technicians & should be able to review from technical/quality perspective.)
- Performs Equipment sizing calculations like Transformer, Generator, HV/LV cable, AC UPS, Battery, Capacitor banks, conductor sizing, fault level, indoor & outdoor illumination, earthing and lightning protection etc.
- Hands on experience on using ETAP & SKM software.
- Prepare technical specifications, data sheets for electrical equipment’s like transformers, DG sets, switchgear, UPS, Battery & Battery charger, Distribution boards etc.
- Vendor drawing review of all the electrical equipment’s & calculations.
- Technical Bid evaluation/documentation.
- Proficiency in MicroStation, AutoCAD & basic knowledge of Revit & Substation 3D design.
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, and MS Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
Jacobs. A world where you can.