Practice Leaders lead practices of like-skilled professionals within Service Lines. They are masters at collaboration and “connect the dots” with their broad understanding of offering pathways and industry expertise —and they ensure their professionals have the skills to win and deliver ahead of market demand. They are role models of a talent-centric organization, with the ability to balance the needs of the business with the career and engagement expectations of our people, and accelerating growth through proactive client engagement and value creation is key to being successful.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As the Practice Leader – Migrations you will have the following primary responsibilities:
- Consulting mindset to solve clients most complex problems
- Advise clients and shape their transformation agenda
- Actively driving growth
- Proactive client engagement and relationship building
- Hiring talent based on future pipeline and talent needs
- Proactively shape a diverse workforce of skilled IBMers
- Drive a sense of community & engagement in the practice
- Drive progression & performance management
- Skill development
Operational Health & Delivery:
- Managing costs & maximising client value
- Utilisation rates at or exceed the expectations
- Ensure staff deployed are on right-fit roles
- Excellent in client delivery
- Drive effective adoption of processes, methods & tools
You will be expected to spend your time market facing – that is selling into and delivering on large accounts, being a credible and trusted industry advisor, networking along with balancing your practice leader responsibilities of building and operating a successful practice.
You’re a seasoned professional who has gone through a number of very large migrations/modernisation programs. With your deep understanding of application assessments and your breadth of experience in application migration and modernisation programs, you are perfectly placed to work closely with clients to shape their transformation journeys, estimate migration and modernisation costs and benefits, and help them solve the challenges of a legacy application landscape and mainframe environment.
You fully appreciate the complexities of rehosting, replatforming and refactoring applications, and advise clients on the lessons you have learned, relating those lessons to the client’s environment.
You are recognised as an industry expert with people proactively seeking out your advisory services and most of all you’re an inclusive, whole hearted builder of outperforming teams aligned towards common goals.
To that end we expect you have the following skills/experience:
- – Minimum of 10 years of Cloud Application Migration & Application Modernisation experience at large organisations
- – Minimum of 8 years of experience with mainframe and Java technologies
- – Experience with containerisation and virtualisation technologies
- – Experience using migration toolsets
IBM welcomes, includes, values and respects everyone. We celebrate diversity in all forms. Our culture is rich and intentionally inclusive. IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.