Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, our Power and Energy Solutions team is geared towards providing a more integrated approach offering end-to-end service to support our clients in energy networks, thermal generation, renewable generation, and storage solutions space. We are helping our clients meet the challenges faced in countries and cities across the globe, providing innovative solutions for energy transition to developing demand-side management strategies.
The Power and Energy Generation Lead supports the Director of Operations (DO) and provides leadership to a section within the Performance Unit (PU). You will provide consistent leadership and role modelling of Jacobs’ core values, fostering an inclusive and diverse culture across your section that embodies Jacobs’ culture of caring and prioritises your people's health and well-being. You will work closely with your team to grow the business through efficient and effective project delivery and technical excellence while maintaining a focus on quality, innovation, training, and the use of new technologies that add value to our clients.
Key elements of this role include:
- Projects – Lead and oversee the delivery of power and energy generation projects in the region, as an active Project Manager, Project Director and Portfolio Manager.
- Prospects and Proposals – Engage with clients to map out critical value solutions in the generation space, including integration of upstream fuel / resource supply solutions. Lead the pursuit of prospects with target clients, and lead and prepare proposals for individual opportunities.
- People – Be responsible for the management of the power and energy generation team including continual review and feedback on team performance, supporting career growth, and day-to-day administrative activities. Support the Director of Operations in the development of strategic staffing plans for power and energy generation projects across the Asia region.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Relevant tertiary qualification as a minimum with post graduate degree in business desirable.
- Demonstrated experience mentoring successful diverse and geographically dispersed teams, preferably within the Power and Energy industry
- Must be able to articulate a clear vision and direction and have good social, networking, people leadership and presentation skills;
- Be comfortable to develop new business
- Consulting experience is preferred.
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally – and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.