Experian is the world’s leading global information services company. During life’s big moments — from buying a home or a car to sending a child to college to growing a business by connecting with new customers — we empower consumers and our clients to manage their data with confidence. We help individuals to take financial control and access financial services, businesses to make smarter decisions and thrive, lenders to lend more responsibly, and organizations to prevent identity fraud and crime.
We have 17,800 people operating across 44 countries, and every day we’re investing in new technologies, talented people and innovation to help all our clients maximize every opportunity. We are listed on the London Stock Exchange (EXPN) and are a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index.
What you’ll be doing
The role offered is a Platform Architect position within the Experian APac X-Labs team. The successful candidate may be engaged in a variety of technical engagements including but not limited to:
- Providing technical designs and architectures for programmes and projects;
- Leading small, medium and large scale cross functional delivery programmes from an architecture perspective;
- Assisting bid teams where necessary with technical solutions;
- Providing technical leadership and support for Portfolio development;
- Providing technical leadership for projects, accounts or deals that require intervention.
As a technical expert and leader the candidate will employ their skills and experience across the spectrum of architecture, engineering & technologies to serve as the technical authority for programmes which may involve a large number of other design & engineering professionals as well as architects from within the respective country’s product and solutions teams. The Platform Architect will be expected to guide and lead these individuals and bring together the overall solution to project and program managers and often business leaders or senior stakeholders.
What you’ll need to bring to the party
The right candidate will have a broad and deep awareness of big data technologies across all its disciplines, products and market trends with the ability to apply them at a lower engineering level where required.
The key skills the candidate will need to possess either in-depth or knowledge are as follows:
- Working as part of the X-Labs Product Accelerator Team be part of the evolution and rapid scaling of APac opportunities
- Create Reference Architectures, Technology Design and Specifications for deployments
- Maintain the Reference Architectures for new technologies, components & approaches to enhance the proposition
- Innovate and drive the assessment, adoption and improvement of new DDE technologies
- Deliver security and governance for large-scale, multi-tenant environments as appropriate for data of varying sensitivity based on strong requirements gathering and analysis
- Develop architecture and support structures required for business-critical services on target platforms
- Prepare and update chargeback models for ensuring cost transparency with stakeholders
- Develop your skills & share skills with the rest of the team via knowledge transfer, documentation & leading by example
- Scope and lead evaluations into alternative platform opportunities
- Represent the team and communicate vision and team services with senior stakeholders
- Able to articulate the solution/products in technical and non-technical terms
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Experience with Hadoop distributions – on-premise / hybrid / cloud
- Experience with data engineering
- Experience with implementation of ML models / MLOps
- T-shaped candidate – ability to work at engineering / code level as well as at the architecture point when required
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals
- Strong experience working on backend software using modern languages and frameworks
- Strong data analysis skillsStrong database / data warehousing experience
- Strong cloud experience
- Strong experience with API integration and micro-services
- Strong experience in Data Engineering
- Experience in Agile development process as well as CI/CD implementation
- Excellent ability to prioritize and communication in a fast pace environment
- Hadoop distributions / Cloud variants and their components - Hbase
- Surrounding big data ecosphere – Apache open-source projects (Presto, Airflow, Spark)
- Database technologies (Columnar, RDBMS, Key value pair, etc) or DDE (Databricks)
- Coding skills - Java, Scala, Python
- Search technologies pertaining to big data – Elastic / Solr
- Authentication and authorisation – Kerberos / IAM roles / SSO
- Delivery of highly available production grade solutions and infrastructure
Experian are regulated by financial governing bodies in each geography, the role therefore requires experience of working and delivering solutions for clients within the financial services industry. The successful candidate needs to demonstrate experience and comfort working with the complexities that this brings, including knowledge and appreciation of regulations and their impact on solutions, including the cost of non-compliance.