UPS North District (ND) is composed of Hong Kong, Macau, Japan, Korea and Taiwan. To execute the ND plant engineering function, the successful candidate will:
- Support the appropriation of project funds. Directly produce 2D AutoCAD layout drawings, assemble estimates, and create project schedules. Input, review and approve funding requests and PE related supporting documents in UPS internal appropriation database.
- Manage bidding and contracting of projects. Define project scope through direct production of 2D AutoCAD layout drawings, and editing of UPS specifications for use in both bid documents and contracts. Liaise with professional services companies (consultants). Write contracts.
- Supervise on-site construction, LHI works, and Material Handling system installation. Ensure safe work, adherence to UPS specification and requirements, and completion of contracted scope. Drive effective use of resources, adherence to schedule, adherence to budget and process payments. Co-ordinates cross-functionally to ensure effective commissioning and deployment of new assets.
- Be responsible for facility and equipment maintenance through the dispatch of vendors. Ensure work is done in safe and proper manner and contracted scope is completed.
- Audit conveyor contractor preventative maintenance procedures to ensure quality work.
- Audit Facility Safety to UPS standards and regulatory requirements. Correct deficiencies in order to ensure a safe work environment.
- Audit Environmental compliance. Oversee deficiency correction.
- Provide support, beyond HK, in English across ND through a combination of directly completing tasks, and/or reviewing and advising, and/or training UPS local country teams in order to execute tasks described above.
- Supervise one direct report located in Korea that supports the PE supervisor in executing the work across North District.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering (Civil, Electrical, Mechanical or similar)
- 7 years experience minimum, 10 years preferred in project management in construction or industrial installations OR maintenance management.
- Fluent in Cantonese and English. Fluent in Mandarin, Japanese or Korean an asset.
- 2D AutoCAD, MS Excel and MS Project literacy is a must
- Ability to travel within Asia is required 25% of time
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work cross-culturally with staff in other countries.
- Ability to multi-task. Analytical skills. Problem solving aptitude.
- Experience with a formal Continuous Improvement Process system an asset.