Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, ports aren’t just structures but are ways we connect people and goods. We’re seeking a Resident Engineer to help oversee the complex and the everyday project tasks for a variety of clients. This role will help you grow your career, but also grow client relationships and business development opportunities for Jacobs.
- Collaborate with team of designers and engineers to complete all piping and mechanical activities and provide engineering supports for Power and Water Projects.
- Prepare ad review engineering documents such as drawings, dataheets and specifications to ensure compliance of Project specification.
- Review and participate technical meeting and all the piping 3D model
- Evaluate equipment and piping layout to optimize installation.
- Review of piping support, MTO, layout and isometrics
- Reviewing and approving vendor drawings
- Prepare Piping Line List. Review all P&IDs for conformance to the piping material specifications
- Select special piping material components not covered by piping material specifications and prepare SP Item List.
- Prepare pipe wall (pressure and vacuum), spectacle blind, and other required material and component pressure-retaining thickness calculations.
- Technically evaluate piping material bidder's lists; assist inspection in evaluating manufacturing and fabrication facilities.
Here's What You'll Need:
- An Engineering graduate with 6-9 years related working experience in design, input and support of selecting, evaluating and applying standard engineering methods, techniques, procedures and criteria in the design of the piping system.
- Experience in power and water projects is preferred. Deep knowledge in Autocad Plant 3D is a must.
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally – and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.