Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 200+ data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
We are a fast-growing global company with 70+ consecutive quarters of growth. Through our innovative portfolio of high-performance products and services, we have created the largest, most active global ecosystem of nearly 10,000 companies, including 1,800+ networks and 2,900+ cloud and IT service providers in over 26 countries spanning five continents.
Joining our operations team means that you will be at the forefront of all we do, maintaining critical facilities infrastructure as part of a close-knit team delivering best in class service to our data center customers. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment. that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
Job Summary: Provide day-to-day enablement, support, guidance and oversees and manages IBX Operations physical security, while assuring consistency in meeting performance goals for customer satisfaction, availability, fiscal responsibility, responsiveness and teamwork. Responsible for working cross-functionally with Cyber Security, Global Risk, IBX Operations, Global Design & Construction, Global Operations Enablement, Sales, Global Customer Care Experience, and the other internal or external organizations to meet the physical security needs of the business, including: defining policies, procedures and standards, providing technical guidance and quoting assistance to revenue and non-revenue generating orders, providing Customer contract review and redlining, setting standards for Mergers and Acquisitions for due diligence and integration efforts, providing day-to-day technical/non-technical support and point-of-escalation for the IBX Operations and Compliance Certification teams, security contracts and Requests for Proposals, custom feasibility review and solutioning, Single Points of Failure (SPOFs), IBX security physicals, repair and maintenance, reporting, Key Performance Indicators (KPI) creation, vendor account management and training.
Leads and supports IBX Operations and Security teams within the following areas:
- Builds hands-on knowledge of security systems to resolve issues within a diverse scope
- Provides experienced security systems support for IBX Operations on diverse issues and installation efforts
- Maintains currency of seasoned knowledge with respect to relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems, including lifecycle analysis
- Leads and assists coordination of Single Point of Failure (SPOF) and End of Life (EOL) reviews, including performing site physicals, assessments and recommends remediation steps for resolving issues within a diverse scope
- Analyzes key performance indicators and proposes improvement recommendations to standardize/enhance processes
- Provides Resolves experienced day- to-day support physical security to multiple IBX's, and lead IBX Operations Security teams
- Leads the coordination and completion of security projects, sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, monitors and summarizes progress of project.
- Plans and coordinates project scheduling, budgeting, administrative tasks, and leads the facilitating and conducting of meetings, takes down meeting minutes/action items, and performs follow-up, while utilizing experienced expertise.
- Researches and analyzes data to evaluate operational difficulties, makes recommendations to solve problems, identifies, and monitors diverse issues that affect profitability, growth, and productivity, manages lists, libraries and related workflow
- Serves as the content contributor for the security teams and systems standard operating procedures (SOPs) while working on problems within a diverse scope.
- Collects recommendations/input from cross-functional groups to keep SOPs current.
- Leads and authors a variety of technical security documentation including procedures, articles, reports, and/or user manuals.
- Leads cross-functional teams and process rollouts within the IBX and refines and assists the development and definition of security and business processes in the IBX, proposes solutions for systematic process-related problems.
- Makes suggestions for continuous improvement and supports implementation of changes and assists with process and maintenance adherence.
- Reviews and develops content for training materials.
- Conducts security training for all sites in scope within the schedule.
- Identifies training needs for stakeholders.
- Responsible for regular and ad-hoc training (for example, new hire training).
- Develops industry knowledge.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of security systems including: Access Control, CCTV, Telecommunications and Internet Technologies required.
- Must be a highly organized, self-motivated and positive team player with demonstrated ability to provide effective oversight and systems management, development and follow-up to prompt closure on security initiatives, plans and solutions.
- Must be able to work independently, make timely decisions, and manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership qualities needed to provide guidance and direction on various operational projects.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills, and ability to use Microsoft Office Suite.
- Required to travel across all Equinix operating locations for up to several weeks at a time as-needed for support, site assessments and training.
Education / Certifications / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in security systems maintenance, operations and vendor management field or 5 years’ experience in the aforementioned.
- Current certification with a major security system manufacturer; preferably Symmetry, Software House, UTC Fire & Security, Gallagher, Honeywell or Loronix.
- Extensive experience with datacenter skills such as installing/moving equipment and large-scale cabling projects.