Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Transportation affects every aspect of daily life, no matter where you are in the world! Jacobs is made up of a team of multi-disciplinary rail experts who work on complex projects around the globe. We’re driven by the extraordinary as well as the seemingly mundane, working with our partners to make the world more connected and more sustainable for everyone
Jacobs is seeking to hire a Permanent Way Engineer, Rail Infrastructure, to join our Rail and Transit Team. The individual will be working closely with the respective disciplines as well as key stakeholders associated with the project. The emphasis will be on delivery of project to appropriate quality standards, whilst achieving excellence in technical quality and ensuring that an integrated multi discipline engineering efficiency is achieved. The successful candidate will be a member of the Rail Infrastructure team and will contribute towards engineering projects as a design engineer.
The primary focus of this role is to.
- possess a good understanding of permanent way and the infrastructure around it.
- plan, schedule, coordinate and carry out design of track alignment and perform supporting calculations.
- perform concept, preliminary and detailed designs, as well as review design documents and drawings.
- help to develop the production of drawings, reports, and specifications, liaising with clients and other stakeholders to ensure the successful delivery of tasks.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- A Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, registered with the Board of Engineers, Malaysia (or international equivalent) and be progressing towards attaining Professional Engineering (PE) accreditation
- Demonstrable experience in the application of track design principles
- Significant relevant experience in civil works projects, railway projects with a focus in designing rail infrastructure assets on projects within Asia.
- Good working knowledge and understanding of design, procurement, construction and handover of rail and transit infrastructure assets.
- Competent user of Bentley Rail Track/Open Rail and 3D modelling in collaboration with other disciplines in a Common Data Environment.
- Being a team player and be flexible to project needs
- Client focused approach to service delivery
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally – and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximize your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits, and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.