Technical Presales specialist who orchestrates all technical activities and resources with partners to drive the business. The partner solutions engineer holds accountability for opportunities within assigned partner accounts. As the de-facto partner CTO, the Partner Solutions Engineer is expected to provide architectural direction and guidance across Cisco's product / solution portfolio, including Networking, Cybersecurity, Data Centre, Collaboration, Software and Services.
What You’ll Do
- Technical pre-sales professional serving as a Technology/Product/Solution consultant
- Technical orchestrator for an array of Cisco resources, primary responsibility for ensuring successful completion of each milestone in the lifecycle selling motion with partners
- Provides technical information and design/implementation guidance in concert with Cisco Architecture Seller team(s)
- Collaborates with the Partner Account Manager on the account plan(s), jointly ensuring customer and partner success
- Responsible for managed partner readiness and enablement plan, engineering resource advisory and competency assessment.
- 25-50% of time building awareness of Cisco solutions—creating demand and pipeline generating activities
- Educate partner on Cisco's differentiation across the competitions landscape. Set brand preference for Cisco.
- Leverage tools/resources to reduce / minimize repetitive tasks and workload
- Engage with partner engineers to C-Level executives, aligning technology to partner business drivers
- Engage with partners and customers through various social platforms and events
- Apply business architecture knowledge; map business challenges to technology solutions
Who You Are
- Minimum 7+ years of technical sales or pre-sales experience.
- BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent highly preferred
- Proven track record or managing and winning technical and high value IT projects
- Solid presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven experience working with Re-Sellers, Partners and Distributors
- Highly motivated self-starter that does not need day-to-day management
- Cisco product experience or relevant experience in key competitor offerings in technology areas like Enterprise Networking and Security is required.
- High-level Customer intimacy skills, responsible for technical customer and partner relationships
- Manages technical selling process, coordinating resources and tools
- Competitive knowledge in supported products/solutions
- Baseline business architecture knowledge; map business challenges to technology
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!