We are looking for a Partner Sales Account Manager with strong background in IT Solutions Providers and Channel partners sales in order to be able to define, develop and execute Cisco’s IT Service Provider route-to-market strategy. This is a sales development role that will cover the APJ region and thus would need to inspire, influence and engage team members of Cisco’s sales and related cross-functions at the world-wide, APJ region and country sales team levels.
This role requires the selected individual to develop a strong understanding of Cisco’s value proposition for the IT Service Provider channel partners and use this to develop a strong framework that defines and governs Cisco’s interactions with the nominated and selected partners across the APJ region. As such, a mature level of understanding of the IT Service Provider partner landscape, the economic model of this segment of partners and the key requirements to succeed in positioning and selling Cisco to our joint customers will form the basis of success for this role.
Qualifications & Experience
You have a minimum of 10 relevant years’ experience working with the channel/partner management or within sales in the technology industry. S/he will possess both a business and technology background that enables engagement with Cisco’s sales leadership as well as the Executives within the Partner community, as well as the ability to promote relevance of their mission to sales organizations both within Cisco and our partner community. S/he should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business and technology challenges. Most importantly, the ideal candidate effectively define strategy, articulate and communicate business and technology vision, and efficiently lead change. The position also requires an appropriate process and business acumen, and the ability to work across Cisco’s functions to drive the best enablement for our partners.
- Capacity: ability to influence and build funnel with the selected partners, provide competitive positioning support as well as product and technology support.
- Capability: the successful candidate will be responsible for developing enablement and transformation initiatives based on identified focus areas within the jointly developed partner plans. S/he will then establish sales targets for the partnerships, provide support with enablement plans, and drive partners to achieving those sales targets. Candidate will also have the experience and mindset to manage complex partner issues and should have demonstrated competence in the same.
- Competency: this leader will use available programs to ensure that Cisco APJ is able to drive the right sales behaviors across the entire Cisco portfolio of technology solutions. You will work with each partner executive team and proactively develop the partners’ Cisco competencies.
Key Characteristics of a Successful Candidate
- Ability to drive strategy to execution through significant business expertise and a drive towards specific outcomes
- Experience in managing direct and indirect teams across multiple geographies in APJ
- Strong Executive presence and ability to build credibility and relationships with partner and Cisco executives
- Values a collaborative culture and the diversity of people and perspectives
- Deep experience working within a geographically distributed and matrix environment, strong influencing and collaboration skills
- Strong experience in transforming organizations to make them more efficient and focused
- Displays a high of level of passion, energy, excitement and intensity for the channel
- 10+ years’ experience in channel sales, direct sales or business development with a technology company
- Understands the importance of the channel to driving Cisco’s business
- Consistent track record to lead a business in the APJC region
- MBA preferred but not required
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!