Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 286 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
This Job Could Be Right For You!
We are looking for an ambitious and highly motivated individual with several years of in-platform experience with ad agencies, as well as a successful track record of working on the client-side.
You will be responsible for end-to-end international paid media operations, which includes channel strategy, planning, execution, and optimization of Programmatic Display, Video, App, and Paid Search Channels for our International Markets. You will manage an agency network across these markets and you will be responsible for coordinating international projects and experimentation across paid media. This role will be responsible for managing proven programs at scale as well as supporting ongoing growth experimentation. Working closely with local markets to ensure we have consistent programs across the region. You will be responsible for the health of paid media channels as governed by the objectives and KPIs set by the global marketing team. Objectives will include Acquisition, Activation, Cross-Sell and Product Adoption, and lifecycle strategies for Consumer and Merchant Audiences among others. You will work cross-functionally with product, analytics, creative, marketing strategy, martech, and other functions. You must be very data-driven, demonstrate a strong understanding of tagging and tracking fundamentals, and have a tenacity to spend time analyzing data as well as coordinating analytics projects.
Job Description Summary
• Work closely with media agencies to facilitate the execution and optimization of paid media campaigns
• Responsible for overall paid media performance in delivering on a wide breadth of KPIs
• Maintain and innovate an optimization strategy that’s focused on increasing the capacity of automated programming, creative testing, ad sequencing, and advanced targeting techniques
• Work with global paid media hubs to audit existing frameworks and institute best practices
• Partner directly with growth squads in their efforts to plan and execute experimentation in an agile framework
• Partner with internal marketing operations teams in ensuring the efficient and timely delivery of assets and targeting details to media teams
• Partner with vendors to develop product enhancements, and broker unique service, analyses, and offers
• Collaborate with analytics partners in compiling and analyzing data to identify new marketing strategies and quantifiable business opportunities.
• Budget and Financial management. Candidate will help to oversee performance forecasting for marketing budgets
• Tasked with researching and testing new ad formats, facilitating mobile expansion, and partnering to generate an overall innovation and experimentation roadmap
• Assist with planning/support for any major platform migrations related to the digital marketing stack
• Generate reporting summaries and insights to present to the executive leadership team.
• Partner with analytics to identify optimization opportunities and user insights with internal and proprietary PayPal data
• 6-9 years of marketing experience in financial services, retail, travel and/or digital goods.
• Experience on both agency and client sides of marketing programs is required
• Demonstrated expertise in online/digital marketing across paid media channels
• Track record of working with external vendors or internal partners, e.g. media and creative agencies
• Data-driven and results-driven marketer, with a demonstrated analytical approach to marketing
• Candidate must have experience with analytics tools, ad serving platforms, and attribution models
• Financial Planning and Management: Candidate must have experience managing > $20M annual budgets
• Experience with business analysis and experience with analytics systems (Tableau, SQL/SAS, Teradata) and experimentation is a significant advantage, but not a requirement
• Candidate must have working knowledge of marketing/website technology and platforms. Previous experience with Google Marketing Platform as an advantage
• Highly competent in creating executive-level decks and strong data visualizations. Must demonstrate an executive-ready presence, and the ability develop and communicate a strong narrative
• Candidates must possess the ability to thrive within a fast-paced and matrixed environment
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
Paypal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.