Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 200+ data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
We are a fast-growing global company with 70+ consecutive quarters of growth. Through our innovative portfolio of high-performance products and services, we have created the largest, most active global ecosystem of nearly 10,000 companies, including 1,800+ networks and 2,900+ cloud and IT service providers in over 26 countries spanning five continents.
A career at Equinix means you will collaborate on work that impacts the world and be surrounded by endless opportunities to learn new skills and grow in varied directions. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment. that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
Job Profile Summary
The Opportunity Development Representative generates qualified leads for our regional Sales teams via prospecting activities and account research, and participates in limited sales opportunities.
- Researches accounts and identifies key personas
- Acquires Key/Targeted Personas through a variety of available tools
- Generates interest, qualifies leads and creates pipeline growth via phone calls, emails and social media in assigned territory
Territory Management / Strategy
- Develops leads to stimulate business development, coordinating second level meetings/calls for Account Executives
- Leverages teammates (Managers, Inside Sales Associates and Account Executives) to develop targeted lists, call strategies, and messaging in order to drive opportunities and prospecting activities
- Monitors social web for sales opportunities and leads
Cross-Functional Team Coordination
- Follows up on campaigns and provides detailed feedback on the success of each campaign to our Sales Management Team and Marketing Managers
- Actively participates on Regional Sales Team calls/meetings
- Engages with Marketing for Regional Events support
- Records and documents all calls, emails, meetings, tours and activities in SFDC
- Reports on weekly results, both qualitative and quantitative
Building Customer Relationships
- Establishes relationships with key stakeholders in assigned accounts and prospects
- 1-2+ years of previous experience required
- Bachelor degree is similar