Who are we?
Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 200+ data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
We are a fast-growing global company with 70+ consecutive quarters of growth. Through our innovative portfolio of high-performance products and services, we have created the largest, most active global ecosystem of nearly 10,000 companies, including 1,800+ networks and 2,900+ cloud and IT service providers in over 26 countries spanning five continents.
Joining our operations team means that you will be at the forefront of all we do, maintaining critical facilities infrastructure as part of a close-knit team delivering best in class service to our data center customers. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment. that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
Responsible for: Network Planning and Implementation, troubleshooting and fault resolution of reported and detected faults, performing effective maintenance to the equipment to prevent faults from occurring, procurement and installation of equipment for expansion and new services.
- Follows standard Method of Procedures to implement cloud and network products globally that includes:
- Procurement of bill of materials
- Managing physical installs
- Device setup configurations
- Advanced routing and switching configurations
- Developing Site Engineering Design and Deployment plans for global deployment scenarios
- Deploying OpenStack and related cloud software for NFV/IaaS services
- Supporting the internal/external customer escalations
- Documenting topology diagrams using Visio
- Actively works with Network Reliability Engineering in defining network monitoring and creating solutions that allow proactive network monitoring
- Actively engages with Design and Architecture team in understanding and reviewing network design documents
- Uses the shared lab setups to practice the exercises published by the Global Networks Technical Leadership team
- Must have experience in Private (Openstack based) OR Public Cloud (AWS/Azure or similar)
- Must have solid experience in Cloud networking (underlay-overlay using L2 or L3 technologies)
- Must have sound understanding of Routing & Switching (VxLAN, EVPN, BGP, MPLS, ISIS, L2VPN, L3VPN) and similar data center networking technologies.
- Good to have experience of using python for automation and git for version management.
- Good to have experience in deploying and configuring routers and switches using ansible/chef/puppet.
- Certified in Mirantis/RedHat is a plus
- Certification in Networking is an advantage (CCNP/JNCIP or above)
- Definite BONUS: Experience or familiarity with Cisco (Nexus), Juniper and Nokia networking devices.
- Bachelor's Degree + 3 years of relevant work experience