Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 200+ data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
We are a fast-growing global company with 70+ consecutive quarters of growth. Through our innovative portfolio of high-performance products and services, we have created the largest, most active global ecosystem of nearly 10,000 companies, including 1,800+ networks and 2,900+ cloud and IT service providers in over 26 countries spanning five continents.
Joining our operations team means that you will be at the forefront of all we do, maintaining critical facilities infrastructure as part of a close-knit team delivering best in class service to our data center customers. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment. that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
Responsible for: network design and planning, capacity management, vendor evaluation, activation and deactivation of customer services, troubleshooting and fault resolution of reported and detected faults. Performs effective maintenance to the equipment to prevent faults from occurring; procurement and installation of equipment for expansion and new services.
- Learns and understands the network devices being deployed
- Participates in Lunch & Learn session to train the team
- Participates in global tech drills and learns hands-on devices to train
Product Development Lifecycle Engagements
- Test Phase: Acts as a function SME and participates in UATs
- Trains the teams once UAT is complete
- Performs network service fulfillment for quote to cash transactional tickets for all network and datacenter products (Interconnections, DCIM etc.)
- Generates metrics based on Service Delivery metrics on a periodic basis
- Participates in events like Sparkathon to trigger innovation in process
- Uses the shared lab setups to practices the exercises published by the NetOps Technical Leadership team
- Participates in Simian Army based Tech drills focused on driving service excellence targeting a (break, learn, fix, resume) exercises on lab setups
- 2-3 years experience of networking experience
- Diploma or Degree in IT/Network & Computer Technology
- CCNA certification is highly advantageous