About the Company:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 135,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat.
What you will do:
Based at the Rydalmere Office, the APAC Network Operations Engineer is primarily focused on providing network support across the APAC region, but is also part of a global team providing 24x7 support (using a follow-the-sun model) for the organization’s global production network infrastructure. They will undertake and manage in depth troubleshooting activities and plan customer facing activities under guidance; monitor and manage complex networks in production, colocation, lab and customer monitoring environments and investigate and help resolve issues on JCI’s network and IT estates using agreed troubleshooting methodologies. Team members also interact with customers (JCI employees) and peers across IT Operations and Engineering teams to facilitate effective handling of service requests and connectivity issues.
How you will do it:
- Incident Management - Proactive checkouts and monitoring to avoid service outages or limit their impact. Troubleshooting and fault isolation to restore service when necessary.
- Problem Management - Solutions for Incident Management from Case Study evaluations. This includes development of the related root cause flow charts and troubleshooting procedures that streamline the time required to isolate faults and restore service.
- Operational Readiness for New Services - Completing checklists that support pre-production deployment of network services. This includes assurance that Network Operations has updated management for all related network components, is performing pro-active routines to ensure optimal network health, understands the service and it’s dependencies, and the staff is capable of performing established recovery procedures.
- Change Management Planning and Configuration Implementation - Coordination of changes at the CAB and periodic quality reviews with Engineering. Implementation of tasks assigned to Network Operations and support for those implemented by Network Engineering.
- Service Requests, Network Maintenance, and Operational Support - Executing requests for analysis or support. Representing Network Operations’ strategic initiatives such as vendor service level reviews, Asset Management, and Capacity Management. Coordination and support for pro-active maintenance activities required to keep the infrastructure in good health.
- Process Improvement - Specific tasks assigned by management to own that deliver operational support improvements to a technology, process, tool, or service.
What we look for:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years’ experience in network engineering and operations
- Strong Cisco Routing/Switching configuration/diagnostic experience
- Working understanding of code and scripting (Automation tools: Python, PowerShell, Rest API)
- Experience with all Cisco LAN, WAN and WLAN technologies, VPN, load balancers, firewalls, DNS, DHCP, SNMP, etc.
- Knowledge of networking infrastructure suppliers and service offerings including; Cisco, F5 Networks, Zscaler, and Avaya.
- Working knowledge of network features and protocols such as spanning tree, TCP/IP V4/V6, SIP, ARP, CDP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, VTP, Etherchannel, 802.1Q trunking, MLS, HSRP, GLBP, VSS/VSL, QoS, Multicast, 802.11n/ac, IPsec, RADIUS/TACACS+, SNMP, NTP, and HTTPS, SSL.
- Knowledge of Carrier Services – WAN Circuits, MPLS, VPNS, VRFs, Ethernet, Broadband
- Experience in Meraki, SDWAN and Cloud Networking
- Desire to work in a process-oriented environment
- Demonstrated experience working in a global network environment
- Desired Certifications: CCNA, CCDA, and ITIL v3
- Responsible for the documentation and topology maps for all network components
A bit about you:
We are looking for someone who is self reliant and autonomous in how you work. Your ability to put customers at the heart of what you do will be highly valued as you achieve to deliver awesome customer experiences. Your proactive nature will assist you in problem solving and managing escalations when required.
How to Apply
Click on the APPLY button to submit your application in confidence. Feel free to reach out for a confidential discussion on 0417 445 920- Amy.
Only those candidates the Company (recruitment Agency Company) introduces to JCI by resumes on JCI’s Talent Acquisitions team’s explicit request will be deemed a candidate referred by the Company