Why You'll Love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What You'll Do
As Technical Consulting Engineer part of our CX Support Services, you will work on complex and in depth networking problems requiring strong analytical, problem solving, engineering, and communication skills. You will be responsible for driving successful resolution of technical issues reported by customers and thinking on innovative ways to avoid issues in the future. The problem resolution path involves in-depth research on technical topics, reproduction of customer's environments and issues using Cisco lab equipment comprising all Cisco products, technical exchange and discussions with product development and engineering teams, interaction with Cisco Technical Leaders and, very importantly, strong communications skills in order to interface effectively with Customers and internal partners. You will represent Cisco every day in every case, always thinking in the best interest of our Customers. You will also detect potential design issue in the customer network in order to provide standard methodologies and suggestions for customers to implement their solutions in the most efficient way through any or a combination of the following (but not limited to) these tasks
- Scope and estimate Cisco solution’s material required to deliver customer’s requirement
- Design, install, configure and solve large/complex Optical networks
- Develop customer facing Optical network designs and as-built documentation
- Provide excellent customer service and support
- Work multi-functionally with other team members on complex solutions
Who You'll Work With
Global CX Centers is a team of elite technical experts whose #1 focus is to help customers plan, design, deploy and operate their networks effectively while delivering the best possible customer experience. Our success is validated through exceptional financial results, growing customer happiness metrics, industry recognition, and employee happiness scores.
The team is group of highly skilled, dynamic, diverse, and hardworking engineers who go above and beyond in assisting not just the customer but also their teammates and peers. “Work hard, play harder” is the motto of the team. There is a good mix of engineers with varying years of experience (from 3 years all the way to 18 years) in Cisco technologies and solutions, and each-and-every-one of them bring great value to the table.
Who You Are
- 8 – 12 years working with optical networking equipment, developing and providing solutions on optical networking technologies and equipment
- Thorough understanding of dense wavelength division multiplexing (DWDM), legacy Synchronous Optical Networking (SONET), circuit emulation (CEM), and Optical Transport Networking (OTN)
- Working knowledge of general networking topics such as storage networking, cell-site transport, video architectures, etc. and the capability to grasp new technology concepts quickly
- Strong knowledge of Cisco Transport Planner (CTP), and future Cisco network planning and design tools
- Hands on experience, design, installation and integration/migration of Cisco NCS1002/1004/ NCS2K/4K or Cisco ONS optical platforms
- Fast executor, self-starter and a highly motivated individual with a passion for delivering creative solutions that positively impact business outcomes.
- Strong presence and credibility with clients and within internal team
- Superior organizational, conflict resolution, time management and negotiation skills
- Excellent documentation skills
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with fiber optic characterization (FOC)
- Experience with optical test equipment (OTDR, OSA, BERT, optical power meter)
- Experience with Foundation LAN / WAN technologies & monitoring tools.
- Experience with multi-vendors optical platforms (Ciena, Infinera etc) is an advantage
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.