Why You'll Love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
What You'll Do
It is expected that the successful candidate will have wide and deep knowledge of Cisco compute platforms such as UCS and HyperFlex, inclusive of the operating systems and virtualization and storage. A good understanding of data center networks
You will support Cisco’s large SP customers and their data centers. As such, there is an expectation that you will have the opportunity with customers to create and execute on customers IT transformation.
Act as technical expert deployed at customer site.
Be responsible for closely working with customer to understand their concerns, freezing requirements and develop/deploy required automation solution built around Cisco product folio.
Build these solutions following Cisco guidelines, standard methodologies and well-defined processes to ensure high quality deliverables.
Setup local lab environment to test and demonstrate compute related solutions.
Share his/her knowledge with other people in writing technical documents and enlarge the knowledge database.
Provide internal and/or external technical presentations for collaboration within Cisco as well as with Customer.
Call out any specific problems to the CX leads or relevant Business Units for product enhancement.
Work closely with colleagues to achieve common goals.
Who You'll Work With
CX is a team of elite technical experts whose #1 focus is to help customers plan, design, deploy and operate their networks effectively while delivering the best possible customer experience. Our success is validated through exceptional financial results, growing customer happiness metrics, industry recognition, and employee happiness scores.
The team is group of highly skilled, dynamic, diverse, and hardworking engineers who go above and beyond in assisting not just the customer but also their teammates and peers. “Work hard, play harder” is the motto of the team. There is a good mix of engineers with varying years of experience (from 3 years all the way to 18 years) in Cisco technologies and solutions, and each-and-every-one of them bring great value to the table.
Who You Are
- Requires BS/BE/B.Tech Engineering degree or equivalent plus 8 -12 years of related experience in IT industry
- Solid background in Linux and Virtualization software (VMWare)
- Solid background in compute (Cisco and/or third-party vendor) and hyperconverged solutions and storage.
- Good understanding of data center networks
- The ability to troubleshoot in a methodical manner
- The ability to work under stressful situation (critical issues)
- Experience in working in face-to-face roles with customers in both technology development and delivery functions. Preferably deep delivery execution experience with large enterprise or service provider customers.
- TCP/IP, Routing, and Switching fundamentals will be preferred
- Knowledge of LDAP, Routing, DNS, SSH, Telnet, FTP, SMTP, HTTP, HTTPS
- Good understanding of Virtualization domain (VMware or OpenStack)
- Good communication and inter personal skills
- Have crisis management skills and ability to handle critical customer issues/problems are second to none.
- Acts as a local point of contact for large SP account’s for problem resolution.
- Desired Skills
- Cisco equipment configuration and debugging experience
- Experience or Certifications in one or more of the following is preferred: CCNA, CCNP, CCIE
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.