About the role:
Avanade’s ambition is to be recognised as the market leader for Modern Workplace and Employee Experience transformation and managed services. We help clients to modernise their technology platforms increasing efficiency, responsiveness and security, deliver employee experiences on a par with customer experiences to increase productivity and engagement, re-imagine their business operations to unlock new sources of value and remove cultural barriers that constrain sustainable growth.
To make our ambition a reality we have established the Modern Workplace Solutions Area which is responsible for implementing the Workplace growth strategy and driving increased sales, revenues, capability and reputation. The Solutions Area will have two strategic (advisory and technology) offerings called Workplace Platform Modernisation and Value Realisation. These are underpinned by sub offerings spanning strategy, culture, experience, operations and technology transformation and managed services that assist clients with Evergreen IT management through to identification/realisation of new business value opportunities.
Within the Modern Workplace Solutions Area, the Architect is responsible for innovation, offering development/evolution, partner eco-system management, delivery method and asset development, talent forecasting, and critically, sales generation and solution design support to assist our regional sales teams with pipeline and lighthouse deal conversion.
As a Systems Integration Solution Architect (SISA), you will be responsible for identifying critical Modern Workplace deals and providing expert sales and solutioning support to Operating Group and Account teams to help them win and grow our Modern Workplace business.
- Input into, or lead where appropriate, critical Modern Workplace pursuits and deals which have the potential to make a significant positive impact on sales, revenues, client portfolio, capability and reputation
- Collaborate with, educate and upskill regional team members so that they have the insights, capability and capacity to accelerate Modern Workplace pipeline generation and conversion in their geography
- Input into new, or evolve, Offerings and Sub-Offerings to help Avanade stay relevant in the market and be recognized as the Workplace platform and managed services market leader.
- Be aware of, and understand, competitor offerings in the Modern Workplace market
- Adapt and augment Modern Workplace Platform solutions, assets, methods and tools to help Avanade lower the cost of sale and delivery
- Leverage Accenture, Microsoft and ISV partner solutions to increase industry specialism, extend our capabilities and improve our value to clients
- Travel as needed.
You are an experienced IT infrastructure and cloud platform solution architect, with a good understanding of business technology transformation, a track record of sales generation, solution engineering and delivery leadership. You have also developed and grown long term, high value client relationships, with strong influencing and negotiation capabilities. Internally, you enjoy (in a hands-on way) advising teams in the development, production and promotion of client centric deals, solutions and offerings.
In addition, your professional skillset likely includes:
- A track record of delivering complex workplace solutions for client organisations that have contributed directly to, or enabled, improved customer/ employee experience, profitability, responsiveness, reputational enhancement and top talent retention
- Experience of building, developing and retaining talented teams containing a mix of consulting and technology engineering skills
- Ability to effectively team with peers in a large, matrixed organisation, including experience with onshore, near-shore and off-shore delivery teams
- Strong consulting / project-based background with experience of complex global programs consisting of many workstreams, including assessing and managing the associated opportunity and risk
- Good presentation skills with an ability to equally talk to an engineer as well as a CXO and still get appropriate messages across
- Knowledge of modern workplace technology platforms and services including Active Directory, Azure AD, Microsoft 365 (Office 365, Windows 10/11 and Enterprise Mobility + Security), Communication and Collaboration, Electronic Software Distribution, Microsoft Azure Cloud Platform and an appreciation of Evergreen IT, DataCenter Operations and IT Governance
- Over 10 years relevant technology leadership experience, going deep and wide on Employee Experience, including solution sales creation, solution and delivery management particularly within a consultancy or systems integrator
You also ideally have:
- The ability to elevate the discussion with potential clients to understand their business challenges and aspirations and link these into a technology / solution roadmap which will meet or exceed the clients’ requirements.
- A track record of building a technology transformation or digital business transformation through a combination of new logo wins and expansion of existing engagements using indirect/ direct channels. You will ideally have developed and cultivated IT and business leadership relationships in certain technology domains, and are able to articulate business value to C-level individuals.
- Developed solutions focused on three or more of the following topics: Workplace Platform Strategy, IT or Technology Platform Strategy and Transformation; IT Managed Services; Enterprise Architecture; Workplace Security; Customer and/ or Employee Experience Transformation; Organisational Change Management; Cost Reduction, Culture and People Strategy
- Contributed to the design, assembly, pricing and delivery of managed IT services deals
- Industry knowledge covering one or more of the following: Banking, Insurance, Products, Retail, Energy, Utilities, Health and Public Sector
- A Bachelor's degree in technology-related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. An advanced degree or MBA is strongly preferred, particularly technical (IT, engineering, or related).
What we offer you
Come for the distinctive experiences you have helping forward-thinking corporations, non-profits, and governments push the boundaries of digital innovation. Stay for the limitless learning opportunities that encourage you to master Microsoft and pursue big ideas. Enjoy ambitious growth for yourself as part of Avanade’s people-first culture with benefits like employee share purchasing, flexible work arrangements, a commitment to diversity and inclusion, and competitive pay.