IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
We have a rare opportunity for a rising media relations pro with a great news nose and strong media contacts. You love turning complex ideas into inspiring stories – stories that often shape conversations about technology in Australia and New Zealand. While you know how to get things done on your own, you also love working in a team, bouncing around ideas and then bringing them to life. You bring integrity, curiosity and passion to your work, and love it when no two days are the same.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As the IBM Media Relations Specialist you will be an important member of the Communications and Corporate Social Responsibility (C&C) team, which is responsible for protecting and enhancing IBM’s brand in Australia and New Zealand. You will play a key role in moving IBM’s business forward by inspiring key audiences.
These audiences include private and public sectors, business partners, influencers, alumni and citizens. In your role, you will design narratives and strategies with support from your team. You will have get to flex your creativity as you showcase IBM’s leadership across technologies, including AI, Cloud and Quantum, and the way technology is shaping industry sectors, policy and the national agenda, as well as “Good Tech” and Corporate Social Responsibility.
In return you will get….. A great team, flexible work, opportunities to travel, and a chance to work with people and countries all around the world.
Other Responsibilities will include;
- Develop and strengthen relationships with key journalists.
- Create and maintain a pipeline of inspiring story ideas; translating technical and business innovations into clear, compelling narratives.
- Prepare and media train spokespeople.
- Establish deep understanding of IBM’s priorities and offerings, market trends, the ecosystem, competitive landscape, and IBM’s points of differentiation and competitive advantage.
What skills will I need?
- Leadership Attributes
- Curious thinker with a growth mindset
- Creative and compelling storyteller.
- Strong research, writing and editing skills and the ability to translate core ideas into relevant and digestible content.
- Ability to apply IBM’s strategy, values and brand to shape perception and build external advocacy.
- Adept at collaborating and working well with others across the organisation.
- Able to build cross-disciplinary networks of subject matter experts to contribute detailed content and expertise as needed for effective communications.
- Track record of successfully delivering quality content, ethically, professionally and on time in the face of demanding deadlines.
- Knowledgeable about broader communications trends and how different mediums are evolving.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- 5+ years of proven experience developing and delivering media relations programs in a corporate, government or agency setting.
- Superb writing style
- English fluency
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- 5+ years of proven experience developing and delivering media relations programs in a corporate or agency setting.
- Experience driving media engagement via social media platforms a plus.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree with Concentration in Communications or Journalism
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.