Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Reporting to the Design Operations Manager, this Mechanical Engineering Group Leader researches, plans, designs, and administers building projects for clients, applying advanced engineering techniques and analysis within the Mechanical discipline. This person develops designs that require creativity and ingenuity. The position requires a level of technical expertise to successfully implement projects ranging from large complex projects to small renovation projects. Project types may include military, vehicle maintenance, aviation facilities, headquarters & administrative buildings, housing, commercial, medical, research, and mission critical facilities.
This position requires the candidate to fill two roles: as the Group Lead managing the department team of mechanical engineers and as a Project Lead taking an agile role as the lead mechanical engineer for select projects within the department.
The effective candidate for this position will preferably be a current resident in South Korea. Relocation and housing allowances are not anticipated.
- Responsible for instructing the Mechanical Department staff and applying advanced engineering techniques to design improving Heating Ventilating and Air Conditioning and Plumbing systems.
- Accountable for the engineering design, performance and on time delivery of projects
- Directs/coordinates the activities of both US and Host Nation Local workers
- Supports business development, networking and marketing activities related to securing clients and winning programs/projects within the specified market as desired
- Identifies the resources and personnel preferred to accomplish the design work and meet the organizations goals
- Recruits, makes recommendations for hiring and mentors staff members, reviewing their performance and development, and identifying opportunities for growth
- Defines and develops the discipline scope of work and the effort hours for fee proposals to effectively implement the work per project requirements
- Develops and maintains the mechanical project schedule, progress reports and cost estimates for their area of responsibility.
- Interfaces with project managers to monitor and control project schedule, mechanical budget hours and costs for their area of responsibility.
- Prepares client project presentations, studies, and reports
- Directs a discipline team engaged in preparing drawings and specifications for the Conceptual Design Phase, Schematic Design Phase, and/or the Detailed Design Phase of a project
- Ensures project deliverables are compliant with the Scope of Work and all project requirements.
- Performs or directs all aspects of engineering analysis and design for projects from concept stages through final design and construction administration.
- Utilizes computer-assisted design software and equipment to prepare energy analyses, project designs and plans
- Develop detailed mechanical specifications for the project. Inquire, evaluate and prepare purchase requisition of mechanical equipment and sub-contracts.
- Conducts periodic on-site observation of work during construction to monitor compliance with detailed design documents
- Performs pre-commissioning and start-up activities for mechanical systems
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Mechanical Engineering degree from an accredited University or demonstrated equivalency of education is preferred, experience in a US University is a plus
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in a US jurisdiction is required. Candidates with equivalent Korean professional registration and with the ability to attain US engineering licensure by test or by reciprocity will be considered.
- Sufficient years of experience in the specifications, engineering, design, and construction for commercial, advanced and mission critical facilities in an engineering design organization is required
- Demonstrated design experience within ROK Military, US Federal and/or DOD markets is preferred
- Design experience working on USACE Far East District design projects is preferred
- Knowledge of applicable codes and industry standards is required. Working knowledge of US Federal Design Criteria (e.g., Uniform Facilities Criteria), contract administration, project delivery methods, team improving, and client relationship building is preferred
- Project responsibility includes system selection and developing the design for equipment, ductwork systems, piping, and controls, performing energy simulations, life cycle cost analysis, code compliance studies and reports.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the usage of Revit, AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office suite is required
- Excellent organizational, communications (both verbal and written) skills, and leadership abilities are required
- Ability to effectively coordinate with architectural and engineering team members.
- Participation in professional organizations is preferred
- Bilingual (Korean and English) is preferred
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.