Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
The world needs innovators and problem solvers who turn challenges into greater opportunities. We have an insatiable curiosity about transformative trends challenging the status quo: Urbanization. Water scarcity. Climate change. Digital proliferation. Security.
Our Advanced Facilities business is growing rapidly where we would like to welcome you to be part of the team as a Mechanical Engineer.
- Overseas, drive and lead a design team in multi-disciplines consultancy company to deliver critical facilities such as data centres, electronic manufacturing plant, chemical manufacturing plant
- Carry out concept design, detailed design, coordination with internal and external parties and manage the project team to ensure quality works, delivery of projects on time and within budget.
- Assume the role of Person In charge/ Project Lead and sign off as the registered QP/PE for the company for statutory submissions/certificates.
- Provide technical support and supervisory role for projects under construction
- Assist in formulating, implementing and achieving the Company’s strategies, goals
- Liaise with clients and ensure client’s satisfaction is maintained.
- Assist on sourcing and securing new business opportunities / projects
- Provide leadership, guidance and training and improve the technical knowledge of the team and staffs
- Standardize technical standards and performance specification for the Company
Here’s What You’ll Need:
To be a successful candidate, you shall possess:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 10 years design and project experience in critical facilities such as purpose designated data centres, electronic manufacturing, chemical plant, and industrial building
- Singapore PE Board registered Professional Engineer (Mechanical)
- Working experience with multi-national institution and clients will be an added advantage
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Demonstrate ability to motivate and engage multi-disciplinary team in complex/mega projects to achieve results for the clients
- Willing to be assigned to overseas for short term assignment if necessary
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally – and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too –from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.
Jacobs complies with the Tripartite Guidelines on Fair Employment Practices (TGFEP), including the prevailing guidelines on recruitment. All qualified applicants will be considered for the position regardless of age, race, religion, language, nationality, marital status, or family responsibilities.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.