Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
We are seeking a Maritime Engineer to join our established and growing Ports & Maritime in Malaysia. The successful candidate will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities. We are an international leader in the engineering, planning, design and construction management of maritime structures, ports, harbors, and coastal schemes. The engineer will report day to day operations to the Team Leader, Ports & Maritime. Work would be located at home (WFH) and in the design office.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Engineering analysis and design including:
- Data gathering and interpretation
- Structural engineering FE modelling (StaadPro or similar)
- Geotechnical engineering FE modelling (Plaxis or similar)
- Structural and geotechnical calculations
- Design drawings
- Technical report writing
- Specifications for construction
- Construction quantities and cost estimates
- Planning and scheduling
- Co-ordinating with colleagues across regional teams in multiple offices
- Online technical presentations to clients and in-house
- Receiving mentoring and guidance from senior engineers
Here’s What You’ll Need:
The minimum qualifications for this position include:
- Relevant Bachelor's degree in Structural or Civil Engineering
- Working towards Professional Engineer or Chartered Engineer
The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate most of the following skills and knowledge:
- Effective team player
- Commitment and motivation
- Personal planning and organisation
- Confident in communication with good presentation skills
- Good knowledge of structural modelling, analysis and design of: wharfs, quay walls, piled jetties, breakwaters and revetments
- Good knowledge of geotechnical engineering for bulkhead walls, piled structures and reclamations
- Knowledge of relevant engineering standards
- Knowledge of coastal engineering or other maritime disciplines would be beneficial
- Experience in performing engineering calculations, preparing design drawings
- Experience in preparing cost and quantity estimates
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally – and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximize your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits, and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture, and achieve your goals – all at a single global company. Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow, and succeed – today and into tomorrow.