Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, ports aren’t just structures but are ways we connect people and goods. We’re seeking a Resident Engineer to help oversee the complex and the everyday project tasks for a variety of clients. This role will help you grow your career, but also grow client relationships and business development opportunities for Jacobs.
Based in Batangas, you’ll have an opportunity to work on projects across the state with the support of a global team. By developing detailed scopes, reports and schedules, you’ll help our teams achieve our client’s objectives
- Construction by an international contractor of a Multi-Purpose Jetty, adjacent to an existing jetty, capable of receiving liquid gas carriers, LNG (Liquefied Natural Gas) carriers, FSRUs (Floating Storage Regasification Units) and FSUs (Floating Storage Units).
- Act as an Owner’s Engineer/Representative to supervise and monitor all Construction Contractor’s marine construction activities at site and ensuring compliance with the Construction Contract, Owner’s Requirements and Technical Specifications.
- Supervise and monitor Construction Contractor’s implementation of Scope of Works (Marine Works for piles and pile caps, trestle, multi-purpose jetty platform, breasting and mooring dolphins, utility platform, loading platform, trestle, walkways, etc.). Supervise and monitor Construction Contractor’s work on-site progress and identification of potential problems and delays and suggest remedial action.
- Supervise and monitor Construction Contractor’s marine construction activities as per approved Work Program/Schedule. Provide recommendations and corrective measures on potential delays. Liaise with Construction Contractor, sub-contractors, third party works contractors and operators of the neighboring power plants for any marine site activities.
- Supervise and monitor Construction Contractor’s marine activities for potential claims and variation orders. If necessary, evaluate and provide recommendations on claims by the Contractor. Assist the Project Manager and the Owner in the resolution of any disputes and arbitration.Take actions/steps and/ or give instructions necessary for the Contractor to comply with HSSE Plan. Ensure, monitor and report on Contractor’s compliance with HSSE Plan.
- Lead the site toolbox meetings prior commencing any marine activities. Issuance and close-out of Safety Observation Reports (SOR). If applicable, issuance of work stoppage for any life-threatening situations observed at site. Monitor Construction Contractor’s activities in compliance with Project Quality Plan (PQP) and Quality Management Systems
- Quality inspection of all marine works performed by the Contractor and verify quality documentations. This also includes quality inspection of Construction Contractor’s workmanship, equipment and materials used for marine works. Report to Project Manager of any marine defects or deficiencies that will be observed at site. Issuance of Non-Conformance Reports (NCR) and monitor Contractor’s Corrective Action Reports (CAR)/Preventive Action Reports (PAR) as per Contractor’s Corrective Action Plan.
- Attend and witness Construction Contractor’s vendor shop / site testing relating to marine works as per Inspection Test Plan. Preparation and submission of site inspection reports to Project Manager. Attend site meetings and assist the Project Manager in resolving stakeholders concerns and site issues (e.g. safety, quality, schedule, site activities, etc.)
- Preparation and submission of a daily diary to Project Manager. Prepare and maintain records of Construction Contractor’s site activities in terms of progress, safety, quality, schedule, areas of concerns and other site issues. Provide inputs in preparation of Jacobs’ weekly and monthly progress reports. Provide inputs on Construction Contractor’s weekly and monthly progress reports.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Qualified Civil Engineer with professional recognition from Philippines Regulation Commission (PRC). Must have experience related to construction of marine works for Power Plants, Chemical Plants or Oil and Gas Plants. Knowledge and experience with the HSSE requirements for the Oil & Gas industry and lead in HSSE by example
- Knowledgeable in applicable Codes and Standards (e.g. BS EN, OCIMF, PLANC, ACI, AISC, ASCE, ASTM, IBC, PNS, NSCP). Knowledgeable in Safety and Quality Management processes. Must have excellent writing and communications skill, team player and can also lead the team to achieve common goals.
- Must be flexible, resilient and a problem-solver when it comes to given tasks. Can work in a multicultural and multi-disciplinary environment. Ability to lead a Quality Meeting. Knowledge of Safety / Quality interaction. Ability to conduct Quality investigations, inspections and audits
- Knowledge of Safety / Quality Leadership, Ability to identify hazards in the workplace, The successful applicant is willing to work in Batangas, Philippines and must be open for site rotational work.
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally – and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too –from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.