About DuPont Electronics & Industrial
Our industry-leading innovations, deep materials science expertise, and best-in-class manufacturing make next-generation technology a reality for our customers.
We’re pursuing new technologies and performance materials that enable your designs to be smaller, more complex, more reliable, and more powerful than you could ever imagine. DuPont is a technology leader, serving the semiconductor, circuit board, industrial, display, digital and flexographic printing, healthcare, aerospace, industrial and transportation industries. Every day, we’re solving our customers’ biggest challenges and are honored to be their partner of choice.
Learn more about our Featured solutions here: https://www.dupont.com/about/our-businesses.html
Introduction to the role
As part of the Manufacturing Technology team, you will provide support to high performance non-metal parts and shapes production. Based in our manufacturing plant located in Tuas West, you will also be the Assistant to Operations (ATO) for current productions lines and products, and establishing new parts for productions.
- Drive continued compliance with Process Safety Management in our production facilities. Create and update technical documentation, participate in Process Hazards Analysis, adhere to rigorous Management of Change.
- Lead and participate in Safety Review and Improvement Investigations. Drive root cause analysis to identify contributing factors and implement sustainable corrective improvements.
- Demonstrate sincere leadership and accountability on the shop floor by being a role model for core values, business goals, and structured problem solving.
- Participate in the Change of Design process for capital projects. This work includes scoping out equipment, updating P&IDs, pre-startup safety reviews, and product qualification.
- Lead teams of associates to identify and implement continuous improvement for quality, yield and productivity
- Monitor performance against key metrics
- Train and mentor other associates to maximizes their skills and contributions
- Ensure process documentation is current and accurate
- Identify unfavorable trends which could lead to quality or customer delivery issues
- Lead and participate in Incident Investigations. Drive to root cause and implement sustainable corrective actions.
- Network with internal and external suppliers to ensure the stable supply of quality materials and workmanship
New Part Commercialization
- Engage cross-functional team including commercial, operations, and the technical team to lead new Vespel® part opportunities from concept to commercialization.
- Ensure that new parts align customer expectations with our manufacturing capability.
- Use Lean Six Sigma principles to eliminate waste from the manufacturing process.
- BS or equivalent degree in Electrical and Instrumentation, Mechanical, Electrical and Electronics, or recognized Diploma in similar discipline with strong related work experience
- Minimum 5 years work experience applying engineering skills in a hands on role in a manufacturing/industrial facility.
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification or the willingness to obtain it within first two years in the role
- Proficiency in the English language for oral and written communications
- Proficient in the suite of Microsoft Office Products, such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Demonstrated ability in:
- Analysis and judgment, data driven decision making
- Teamwork and collaboration, ability to drive change in the organization using influence and negotiation
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Self-initiative, a motivated self-starter than can work independently
- Ability to prioritize and self-manage multiple tasks and varying workload volume
Other Experience Desired, but not required
- CAD capability with products such as SolidWorks software
- Experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Discrete parts manufacturing experience
- Experience with powdered metal processing and/or plastics injection molding
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information.