What you will do
Based at the JCI Singapore Office and leading a team of internal individuals, the Network Services Manager is responsible for regular consultation with internal business partners for refinement of reference architecture standards into specific use case design builds and the operational efficiency of the JCI Network in the APAC region. This individual sets the priorities for various team deliverables and insures that the network implementation needs of the business are being consistently met for the APAC region. The Network Manager partners with JCI Network Architects, the IT Security organization and third parties to review implementation policies and procedures to insure internal customer requirements are met while at the same time adhering to Network and Security standards.
How you will do it
- Management oversight of a team of 5-8 Network Engineers
- Responsible for the overall health of the Network Services Offerings in the APAC region
- Execution and support of a business-driven strategic plan that meets Infrastructure requirements for the enterprise. This plan will be aligned with the Global strategies and directions from Executive leadership.
- Assists in the evaluation and piloting of new and emerging technologies recommended by the A, tools, methods, and techniques in collaboration with the Architecture group. Understands Market Intelligence is key to keep ahead in the Telecom world.
- Drive continuous improvement of deployed services through regular discussions with business partners, reviews of KPI/SLA metrics and collaboration with team members and strategic partners.
- Communication of the value of services delivered by the Network Services Organization
- Oversight of supplier partner resources performing day to day implementation tasks
- Serve as a point of escalation for Network Services operations and implementation activities
- Definition and maintenance of a training regimen for Network Engineers to insure they are current with latest technologies
- Evaluation of Network Service solution proposals from Vendor partners as to the solution’s ability to meet customer requirements and adhere to JCI’s design and security standards
- Engaged with changing local Regulatory policies across the region.
- Performs as internal consultant to Enterprise business units & IT staff.
- Insures team adherence to all current Changes and Problem management policies and procedures.
What we look for
- 10+ years’ experience in a IT leadership role with a proven ability to mentor and motivate a team of highly skilled professionals
- Master Degree in an IT related field, Masters in Telecommunications Engineering would be best plus
- Extensive experience with key Networking technology platforms especially the Cisco product suite.
- Excellent organization, prioritization, communication, problem solving, and interpersonal skills
- Extensive experience in supporting various Networking Services including SDWAN,WAN, LAN, VPN, Web Proxy, Cloud Networking, Network Firewalls, Load balancing
- Ability to assemble and present convincing business cases for new solutions to Business stakeholders
- Specific Cisco certifications a plus.
- Strong communication and coordination skills required to synchronize the delivery of infrastructure products and services across multiple countries
- Chinese language skills a plus
What you will love about Johnson Controls:
- We’ve been dedicated to protecting the environment since our invention of the electric thermostat in 1885, which provided a fundamental shift in the energy efficiency of buildings. Now, all over the world, our products and services empower customers and communities to consume less energy and conserve resources.
- Global, innovative, industry leader
- Embraces diversity
- Growth opportunities abound
- Fast-paced, evolving company, always learning, always adapting
- Great benefits; including Healthcare related wellness discounts, great 401k match, company-funded retirement program, vacation, sick time, floating holidays and national holidays