Reporting to Executive Director, Forensic Investigation, the Forensic Investigation Manager is responsible for conducting and managing investigations of fraud and financial abuse, both civil and criminal in nature, occurring within the company. Additionally, the Manager prepares and reviews reports and communicates findings to senior management, finance, human resources and legal, and identifies trends and emerging issues. The Forensic Investigations Manager will interact with financial and operational management personnel to communicate investigative findings and to ensure that prompt and appropriate action is taken in response to reports of alleged fraud.
- Carry out the vision and mission of Forensic Investigations to investigate issues of fraud and financial abuse within the company so that proper remedial and disciplinary actions can take place
- Identify, and clearly define, forensic issues and root causes that support the development of correction action plans including remedial and disciplinary actions
- Promote a zero tolerance control environment where fraud or noncompliance is unacceptable and difficult to conceal
- The Forensic Investigation Manager will conduct and lead internal investigations of alleged or suspected violations of criminal law and corporate policies, including theft, fraud, embezzlement, conflicts of interest, collusion, kickbacks, and records falsification.
- The Manager will lead Forensic Investigation and Internal Audit staff during their efforts to resolve allegations of fraud within the company. The manager will work independently in managing their caseload and the APAC caseload, but will have support and guidance on assignments that involve unfamiliar issues or unusual investigative techniques.
- The Manager must prepare clear, comprehensive and cohesive investigative reports in a timely manner in English. The Manager must also review forensic reports prepared by team members for content and apply proper editing to ensure a professional work product.
- The Forensic Investigation Manager will lead external resources as required and assist with the development of Forensic Investigations staff. The Manager will serve as resource to other APAC functions by identifying fraud trends and emerging issues and providing fraud awareness training.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Manage and conduct investigations of fraud, abuse and violations of laws or company policies.
- Co-ordinate and work with finance and other JCI investigation teams on investigation planning, execution and reporting for forensic investigations.
- Oversee the investigation planning and report writing process for Forensic Investigations.
- Review Forensic Investigation work papers and reports, along with providing team members with coaching and guidance in their efforts to investigate allegations of fraud and to ensure their continued development.
- Interface with various levels of the organization, including Senior Management.
- Provide concise and meaningful updates to the Forensic Investigation Executive Director, Vice President of Internal Audit and other stakeholders during forensic investigation engagements.
- Manage and maintain relationships with key stakeholders in the APAC region in support of Forensic Investigations.
- At least 8 years total work experience of which at least 4 years relates to leading the investigation of corporate fraud and experience leading and managing a team
- Possess a high energy level and strong work ethic with a commitment to continuous improvement in a dynamic and changing environment that strives to exceed expectations.
- Strong leadership and analytical skills, and ability to work both independently and in a team environment, including coaching and development of other team members.
- Internal Investigation and/or public accounting experience
- CPA/ CFE/ CFA /CIA certifications desired
- Strong communication skills in English (written and verbal)
- Extensive experience conducting interviews of witnesses and investigation subjects
- Possess the drive to quickly gain knowledge and understanding of the policies and procedures of Johnson Controls.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, including managerial courage, dealing with ambiguity
- Project management and coaching skills
- Multiple languages strongly preferred
- Very good computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, ACL, Microsoft Access…)
- Ability to travel as required, both domestically and internationally