Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 200+ data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
We are a fast-growing global company with 70+ consecutive quarters of growth. Through our innovative portfolio of high-performance products and services, we have created the largest, most active global ecosystem of nearly 10,000 companies, including 1,800+ networks and 2,900+ cloud and IT service providers in over 26 countries spanning five continents.
A career at Equinix means you will collaborate on work that impacts the world and be surrounded by endless opportunities to learn new skills and grow in varied directions. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment. that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
The Manager, Customer Project Manager (MACD - Moves As Changes Decommission)will play a critical role in the managing of the organization by successfully leading a team of Customer Project Managers to meet or exceed performance goals while also identifying and driving key improvements.
The Manager is responsible for hiring, talent development, performance management and establishing positive team operating norms that provide Equinix Customers with a level of service above our competitors. To be successful, this individual needs to be a critical thinker with extensive project management expertise, who can create and implement processes and tools independently and collaboratively across multiple regions.
This position will be responsible for, but not limited to the following specific duties:
- Provide workload management, actively monitoring team capacity and assignments
- Drive the continued development of the CPM role and its impact on partner organizations
- Lead cross-functional teams that help drive improvements for the efficiency and strategy of the CPM Organization and our Customers
- Provide leadership, guidance and mentoring for CPM team and peers
- Serve as escalation point internally and externally, answer team questions & resolve team issues
- Coordinate and manage regular meetings for team, including (but not limited to) individual 1:1s and full team meetings
- Develop and communicate individual CPM performance goals
- Coach and performance manage individual CPM’s against performance goals
- Develop and maintain process and policy expertise at basic level
- Grow relationships at a managerial level with Sales, IBX Management, Operations and other cross-functional teams
- Assist in the development of processes around new products, services and policies
- Participate in special projects as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong leadership skills - Required
- Able to collaborate and build strong personal relationships across many teams
- Strong negotiation and team-building skills with the ability to create consensus among cross functional teams and leaders
- Highly organized, with attention to detail and a dedication to resolving issues
- Calm and effective under pressure. Able to remain professional in high stress situations
- Able to plan, execute and manage high volumes of work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels of Equinix and customer organizations
- Effective presentation capability and style for all levels of the organization
- Agent for change, creative thinker, decisive. Ability to work and make decisions independently.
- Technical aptitude and understanding of the technical service industry preferred
- Able to interact with all levels of internal and external clients
- Requires strong decision making, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Able to train and/or mentor individual reports/individual reports and peers
- Must be able to travel both domestically and internationally
Education / Certifications / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required preferably in a technical subject, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years in a CSM or CSM management equivalent role or prior relevant experience
- 2+ years prior management experience required
- Experience in a high pressure, customer facing role
- Experience in a technical industry; preferably IT, telecommunications or data centers
This Job Description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing organisational needs.
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.