The purpose of the Marketing BU is to sustainably maximise cash flows from the marketing of Anglo American products and services. In support of this, we have set ourselves a target to deliver a considerable uplift in in PBT by 2023.
Identify and implement commercial value initiatives, ensuring Anglo American Marketing realises the full value from commodity commercial operations.
Please refer to the attached job description for further information:
• Experience in commodity marketing / commercial role within a large organisation and / or as an advisor from consulting group
• Excellent understanding of mining and/or extractive industries
• Understanding / experience of commodity trading would be beneficial
• Ability to think strategically and creatively, well-developed commercial and business acumen - Recognizes potential opportunities as these arise, ability to take appropriate action to capitalize on them
• Research skills with an inquisitive and broad scanning approach – skilful at asking insightful and probing questions to get to the bottom of a situation or problem; doesn’t stop at the first answer
• Excellent compelling report writing and presentation skills tailored to the specific needs and requirements of the audience
• Ability to understand perspective of multiple stakeholders, and successfully influence / challenge the opinions of colleagues and senior managers
• Constructively engage stakeholders to a common cause through developing mutually beneficial solutions and proposals
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence at levels in the organisation – collaborate both within the team and into other teams to get the benefit of their perspectives, experience or expertise
• Results oriented, capable of holding self and others to account on delivery
Any other requirements to perform the work effectively?
• Experience in Agile working tools and scrum master events
• Superb academic credentials in Business, Economics or similar disciplines, ideally Master degree
Note to Anglo American colleagues: This role is open to Employee Referral Programme. We welcome applications for this role from candidates from any Business Unit or regions and encourage you to express interest if this role is directly in line with your experience, capabilities acquired and IDP. Please carefully note the location of the role before applying, and that we will provide limited relocation assistance. International Assignment terms and conditions will not be offered.
Note to all applicants: Please note the location of this role before applying. It is expected that this role would be filled, in the first instance, on a local employment contact basis with local terms and conditions. Any offer would be conditional upon the successful candidate having the required work permit issued by the regulatory authority of the country where the role is based. Minimal relocation support may be offered to the successful candidate, which would be limited to right to work and settlement assistance. International Assignment terms and conditions will not be offered.