Avanade is looking for an experienced M365 Security Architect.
Growing our security business and presence in the market is a strategic priority for Avanade. We are fast-growing and expanding our Security team, looking for an experienced M365 Security Architect.
As a M365 Security Architect, you are encouraged to plan, analyze, design, test, deploy and migrate enterprise scale M365 greenfield and migration engagements. You will need to demonstrate functional knowledge and technical expertise in the Microsoft M365 ecosystem and migrating environments (as well as Identity / Active Directory), promote innovative solutions to our customer’s, and develop relationships with key customer stakeholders to help them achieve their business goals.
This role is predominantly a client-facing delivery focused role providing the unique opportunity to help our clients solve complex and cutting-edge Infrastructure and Security business challenges using M365 suite of solutions and defining best practice approaches to enterprise collaboration.
About the Role
In this client-facing role, you will be working on some of the most exciting, complex, and leading-edge projects. You will play an active role in transforming our clients’ approach to Security in the Cloud across both public, and hybrid cloud services. You will also have the opportunity to help to mature their security operations through designing and implementing new approaches, technologies and compliance frameworks to help clients manage and govern their cloud and network security footprint.
As a member of Avanade’s security practice, you will be in a unique position to work for both Avanade and Accenture clients, ranging in size from medium to large global enterprise clients. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the entire Avanade organization by being a collaborative and knowledge-sharing individual, with the real opportunity to help shape the global Avanade security offerings as well as demonstrating your thought-leadership by producing blogs and articles for your region and for Avanade.com. We actively encourage and provide opportunity to undertake innovation, training, and development to ensure you are always at the cutting-edge Microsoft Security technology and our vendor solutions.
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop yourself into a leader in the Microsoft security space. You will learn how to delivery large and complex M365 and cloud security solutions, as well as gain the knowledge and experience of Microsoft’s broader Security, Compliance, and Identity ecosystem, which is already recognized as a world-leading integrated security platform.
You are a security architect interested in joining our rapidly growing Security practice, your skills may include some of the following technical skills as well as the soft skills we require:
- You are experienced in owning the design and implementation of M365 Setup
- M365 tenant security policies and controls
- M365 Security & Compliance solutions (AIP, DLP)
- Microsoft Defender for Office 365, and Endpoint
- Technical change management and adoption
Your non-technical experience likely includes:
- Interacting with clients
- Communicating to technical and non-technical stakeholders, both verbally and in written form
- Working with global teams and offshore resources
- Deliver high quality deliverables and outcomes
- Leadership/Management experience
Ideally, you are a security architect with strong business skills. You are as comfortable working with a technical team as with client business users, and you know how to build bridges between the two. With your excellent communications skills, you are adept at mapping business needs to technology solutions and helping non-technical audiences understand the benefits of these solutions.
You would have had experience working on the Microsoft platform; however we can provide focused training to the right candidates who can demonstrate their passion, experience and thought leadership in this space. To hit the ground running, your skills may include:
- Meet with clients and lead workshops
- Perform discovery and analysis of a client’s current and target state
- Perform security and maturity assessments to identify gaps and improvement opportunities
- Identify business regulatory and compliance requirements and align those with security controls
- Propose, design, plan and execute strategic and tactical operational security objectives.
- Provide Solution Architecture and technical support to sales team
- Work closely with enterprise architects to identify and mitigate risks, perform security reviews, design top tier security practices, and deliver strategic, innovative security offerings.
- Proven experience in designing and implementing M365 Security Controls following industry, security, and compliance best practices.
- A good understanding of how to manage and govern M365 and network security controls within public and hybrid cloud architectures.
- An eye on the future, you will be aware of emerging technologies and security landscape and be aware of the latest tools and techniques to mitigate threats
Strong technical skills to design and implement M365 security services with hands-on experience on several, but not all, of the items outlined below:
Azure AD Identity & Access Management (IAM), Azure AD Connect
MFA, SSPR, Conditional Access,
Privilege Identity/Access Management (PIM/PAM)
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Enterprise Administrator Expert
- Exam MS-101: Microsoft 365 Mobility and Security
- Exam MS-100: Microsoft 365 Identity and Services
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Security Administrator Associate
- Exam MS-500: Microsoft 365 Security Administration
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly expanding and exciting Security practice, with the opportunity to expand your proven delivery experience into the area of pre-sales and solutioning and you will be exposed to large, global enterprise clients, with some of the most complex and enticing security problems to solve.
What we offer you
Come for the distinctive experiences you have helping forward-thinking corporations, non-profits, and governments push the boundaries of digital innovation. Stay for the limitless learning opportunities that encourage you to master Microsoft and pursue big ideas. Enjoy ambitious growth for yourself as part of Avanade’s people-first culture with benefits like employee share purchasing, flexible work arrangements, a commitment to diversity and inclusion, and competitive pay.