As a part of the VMware License Compliance team, the Compliance Manager will be responsible for building and managing VMware’s License Compliance practice focusing in our English-Speaking Markets for the Enterprise Space. This is a pioneer role requiring an individual who is a self-starter, able to deal with a high degree of ambiguity and has the ability to influence internal stakeholders and liaising with external partners.
The License Compliance Manager will be responsible for managing all aspects of software license compliance reviews of VMware’s customers within Enterprise/Field Accounts. This vibrant and dynamic role entails working closely with internal teams, third-party audit firms and customers to determine if the VMware customer is in compliance with the terms and conditions of its VMware agreement(s), pricing and licensing. The candidate interfaces with customers to resolve compliance issues and ensures proper compensation to VMware while preserving the customer relationship. The role is demanding, requiring you to work with multiple stakeholders and negotiating with customers. The right candidate should possess creative thinking and analytical skills who is service-oriented. The License Compliance Manager needs to be detailed and have good communication skills. The candidate is also required to work closely with international teams.
VMware is a rapidly growing company with the opportunity for many exciting challenges. You must have the desire and ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment in order to be successful in this role.
• Strategize, build and manage the License Compliance practice across ANZ, South Asia & India for Enterprise Sales
• Manage end-to-end License Compliance reviews which includes managing third-party audit firms and working extensively with many of VMware’s business teams such as Field Sales, Sales Operations, Finance, Legal and Global Support Renewals
• Interpret complex license and maintenance agreements
• Update databases specific to designated key performance indicators and complete monthly reporting requirements
• Determine scope of reviews
• Close engagements ensuring proper compensation to VMware while preserving customer and field relationships
• First point of contact for escalated customer queries
• Analyze license purchase and deployment data
• Key resource for Legal and Sales for contract negotiations relating to audit provisions. This support requires on-call availability during quarter ends
• Participate in projects to document and improve processes and add to the licensing knowledgebase
• Obtain a thorough understanding of VMware products, market and business environment
• Partner with global engagement managers and support team
• B.A. or B.S. in Business Administration, Accounting, Law, Economics, or Finance required (other majors OK with requisite experience)
• MBA, CPA or other relevant advanced degree or certification preferred
• The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of five years of experience managing license compliance audits and taking a leadership role in managing, building best practices and advising stakeholders on processes in a license compliance, audit, legal or sales function
• Experience in complex negotiations
• Strong understanding of software license agreements with specific experience and proven ability to comprehend and interpret complex licensing issues
• High level of independence and resilience
• A strong, confident and assertive demeanor with a proven track record of exceeding goals
• Exceptional presentation, written and verbal communication skills required; experience working with C-level personnel
• Mastered organizational and project management capabilities
• Strong analytical, research and problem solving skills required; attentiveness to detail.
• Ability to work independently in a dynamic fast-paced environment
• Proficiency using Excel, PowerPoint, Word and SharePoint
• Knowledge of Quickbase and Oracle EBS preferred
• Travel will be required in this role
• Maintain a consistent pipeline of reviews to achieve quarterly goals