Roles & Responsibilities
Providing assistance on all the following:
• Providing legal and regulatory advice on proposed trade/ structured financing transactions; reviewing, drafting and negotiating a wide range of investment, trade and finance related documentation.
• Developing close working relationships with the business in identifying and managing legal risks with internal and external counterparts, and working with the Legal team to develop strategies to support the achievement of commercial objectives while managing and minimising legal risks.
• Actively engaging the business and understanding the financial services environment to proactively address issues faced and opportunities presented to the business.
• Engaging and managing external counsel on legal opinions and all related expenses.
• Law qualification under UK/ Singapore/ New York law.
• At least 4 - 6 years experience in the financial services area including trade finance and structured finance transactions, gained from a major law firm, financial institution or corporate.
• Significant understanding of trade-related financing issues such as standard banking documents (LMA/ APLMA), letters of credit (UCP 600), standby letters of credit/ bank guarantees, trade credit facility agreements and participation agreements.
• Substantial experience in structuring, drafting and negotiating legal documentation for structured finance transactions, such as trade facility agreements, discounting/ forfaiting agreements, participation agreements and commodity trade documentation.
• Cross border trade finance transaction experience.
• Knowledge of applicable banking regulations, sanctions, FCPA and AML.
• Ability to read, draft and converse in Mandarin.
• Proficiency in other languages (besides English and Mandarin) will be viewed favourably although not mandatory.
Personal Characteristics & Attributes
• Strong verbal and written communications skills with ability to work under a diverse and multicultural environment.
• Excellent organisation skills, with ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
• Strong drafting skills.
• Insatiable appetite for continuous learning and development.
• A team player with high professional integrity